Chapter 12

This was quiet the dissapointment.

As of now you were getting an earful from from a drunkard.

He looked like the Flame Hashira from what you could remember in the meeting, but he wasn't this dissapointing was he.

It was probably his father, though he had let himself go too far. He reeked of alcohol and misery and his belly showed through his clothes.

His son was much better though, much less of an earful and way more tolerable. 

Despite his kind words it didn't stop the barrage of insults and slaps, though he was still drunk and disoriented it still hurt a little.

You decided to wait outside for the Hashira as a way to get away from the drunkard, looking around the estate. It was much less impressive than Shinobu's but still is a nice place, but a little bit more crowded with other buildings nearby with residences within.

Maybe the old man soured your opinion of this place.

Regardless you tried you best too ignore him as he proceeded to drunkenly stumble away after he walked away. All you had to do now was wait for the Flame Hashira. 

"Hello."

You look up at the man, his smile radiating off happiness. 

"Hey."

"You are here on time, I must say your actions from the meeting has left a great impression on me and I am here to teach you the flame breathing style." He stepped around you and marched in his house. 

"Do we have to go in there to learn? Why didn't Shinobu just teach me?"

He stopped in his tracks "So you have met my father." He paused for a moment "Please do excuse his behaviour, there is a lot on his mind and plate."

"You still haven't answered my second question." You followed him inside the house. You hoped you didn't have to deal with the old man, you were sure you could beat him but it doesn't look good if you do.

"Ah well, quite frankly your aggressiveness is much suited for something like the flame breathing style and not a lot of Hashiras are willing to take you in as their pupil despite your talent." Though you didn't appreciate how some didn't take you in you were still appreciative of his honesty. You walked behind Rengoku as he spoke. Saying hello to his younger brother and his father too.

Though his dad seemed to have tired out and was already asleep.

One less thing to worry about.

The sun was setting now.

He brought you to your backyard filled with tatami mats, and wooden dummies. 

He threw a bamboo katana to you which you caught.

"I know that you don't use a blade but it would be beneficial to show you the basic breathing techniques."

You looked at it, it was a curious thing, though you were proficient with it you never liked the idea of a weapon.

CLACK

His blade struck against yours, you hadn't even notice that he rushed to you but you readied yourself before he even ran at you. Digging your feet into the ground you prepare to block his oncoming shots.

He pushes you away before lunging in again.

Left, Right, he cuts downwards but each shot was something that was telegraphed, you could dodge and block anything just fine.

But his power. His speed.

It was astounding.

The fact that he was able to push your back or damage your bamboo blade without even leaving a scratch on his blade was a technique that was deserved to be reckoned with. A minute in and you could already see your blade denting, splitting, breaking. You would lose this fight before you even won it.