𝟎𝟎𝟖 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘶𝘦'𝘴

𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖆𝖙 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖚𝖊'𝖘

─── ‎ ‎ ‎★ ‎ ───

THE LAST OF THE LIGHT SNOW FELL for the winter season that morning as Mila stood in line for a carriage, hands delved deep into the pockets of her wooly black coat. She had awoken super early for a trip down to Hogsmede as to not be distracted by her friends, yet she had failed her mission. Closing in on grabbing a carriage she noticed Lily Evans next inline to ride. Quickly stepping out of line she made her way to Lily. Snow crunching beneath her shoes.

  "Oh, good morning Mila!" Lily yawned, tugging her red and gold scarf tighter around her neck. "Morning Lily!" Mila smiled, "do you mind if I take this carriage with you?" she asked, after all it would be very awkward to ride alone. She watched as Lily turned around towards Mary MacDonald and Marlene McKinnon waiting for their approval before turning around, "We'd love that!"

  Professor McGonagall ushered them into the carriage, the door shut as a rumble came as the vehicle began it's journey. Lily and Marlene sat together across from Mila and Mary. "I can only be down at Hogsmede for so long, I have quidditch practice today!" Marlene complained, Mary rolled her eyes, "Yes, yes, we know you bugged us about it all night yesterday! We'll make it back in time!" she quipped back. Mila adjusted her position in her seat, taking of her fiddler's cap. "Oh, is there a quidditch match soon?" she asked, Marlene puffed out air, the question seemed was about to start her off.

"Yes there is! These girls begged me come down here knowing that I need all the practice I can get as we're going up against Ravenclaw, do you know how vicious they? And their seeker is brutal! We always loose against them and I'm not taking any shit against them any more,-" she abruptly stopped talking after being hit by Lily, "You're going to psyche her out if you continue on going Marls!" she scolded. "Basically all you need to know is that Marlene hates anyone on the Ravenclaw quidditch team!" Mary giggled.

"What are you girls going to Hogsmede for?" Mila questioned, Lily jumped ecstatically at the question, "Do you remember when I was talking about a ball? Well I brang it up to the Head girl who then brought it up to Professor McGonagall, so she said as long as I can get some decoration as a demonstration for what I'd like to do she'd bring it up to Professor Dumbledore, and he might pass it!" Mila smiled at the girl's enthusiasm, "Well that's great Lily!"

  An awkward silence passed over the girls for a few seconds as you could hear the wheels rumble over of the cobblestone of the road. "So, what are you doing at Hogsmede?" Mary tried asking, turning her head to look at the girl. "Oh well, I'm actually need to get a birthday gift for someone, I actually didn't know their birthday was soon until about a week ago," Mila answered. Lily tilted her head slightly in question, loosening her scarf as it got warmer enclosed, "Who's birthday?"