𝟎𝟏𝟐 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

CHAPTER 12 ━━━ SILENT SAYINGS

REMUS' EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, the common room was quiet as he felt the couch beneath him. He must've fallen asleep there. He moved the small black jacket that covered him to the side as he took in his surroundings. He noticed Peter's body, splayed up beside the base of the sofa as a few other students slept on the floors and in chairs as well.

  He tried getting up but as he did his head pounded and his sight felt splotchy, making him want to immediately sit back down. He heard another student cough in the distance, but it felt as if it boomed in his ears. He was extremely hung over. Still, he pushed himself to stand, stretching his arms he nudged Peter with his foot. The boy opened one eye behind his mousy hair, upon seeing Remus he fully awakened, sitting up as he yawned. "Morning, Moony," Peter said, standing up.

  "Morning," Remus grumbled back. The two looked around the room in search of two familiar boys, yet to no avail they could not find them. "Where'd you reckon they'd be?' Peter asked as They tip-toed over bodies and glasses. Remus carrying the black jacket along with him. They swiftly left the portrait hole as they made their way to the moving staircases.

  "Maybe the lake or just the dorm," Remus suggested, quickly stepping down the staircase. Peter rubbed his eye, "Dorm the day after a party? Be serious, Remmy," Peter averred, "We'll just check the lake and if they're not there we'll go for food," he turned to Remus silently asking if it were alright. Remus hastily nodded as the two remained silent the whole way, everyone knew how angry Remus could get when he was hung over.

  Every step irritated Remus as the sounds blared in his ears, especially the giggles and chatter of other students passing by. Even the soft pats on his shoulder from Peter slightly frustrated him. They made their way to the last courtyard, finally seeing James and Sirius walking ahead of them. Peter sprinted up behind James before slightly jumping as he tackled him from being, Remus stifling a chuckle.

  "Bloody hell Wormtail, one day you're going to choke me to death," James laughed, the two were able to catch up to their friends, all four in sync with their stride.  "You two left us in the common room!" Peter said biting the inside of his cheek. James wrapped his arms around Sirius' and Peter's shoulders, "I swear we've just woken up not too long ago!" James voiced, "Anyways, Pads and I wanted to work on figuring out the jinx for the map," he said, Sirius pulling out the opened piece of parchment in front of them.