PART I

republished 25 dec 2022
[ merry christmas :) ]
57743 words

follows the storyline of avengers: infinity war and avengers: endgame (spoilers)

• • •

1 ~
3147 words

new guardian
'That's what you get for being the offspring of an arrogant, self-absorbed, childish prick who's too busy pretending to care that he can't actually look after his child.'

- - -

2 ~
2985 words

god of thunder
"I can assure you, Guardians, that I am the worst threat you'll ever encounter."

- - -

3 ~
2634 words

promise me
'It's been ten seconds. Oh shit. Oh God! OH FU-'

- - -

4 ~
5763 words

the avengers
'She was gone. She was gone and it was your fault.'

- - -

5 ~
5435 words

titan
'You see, the thing about you and your dad was neither of you liked taking orders from anyone.'

- - -

6 ~
2829 words

i'm sorry
"Do you think... you'll ever... come to Earth? · · · Like live there, I mean."

- - -

7 ~
3759 words

lost
'Without the Guardians, life wasn't interesting.'

- - -

8 ~
3860 words

found
"I'd better talk to the others. And don't worry-" She stopped at the doorway. "-we'll get them back. Whatever it takes."

- - -

9 ~
5160 words

restart
"I got my second chance right here, Cap. I can't roll the dice again."

- - -

10 ~
3277 words

preparations
'He was right after all. Soon, they'd be alive. You were getting your family back.'

- - -

11 ~
3479 words

closing in
'But as you settled down and climbed into bed, you couldn't help but think to yourself. Were you ready?'

- - -

12 ~
3497 words

time heist
'Oh, how you wished your relationship with your dad could go back to the way it once was, when he loved you and you knew it. Why did you have to ruin it?'

- - -

13 ~
4004 words

not in vain
'What happened? Where am I? Why do I hurt so much? What's happening? What's happening? Whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy-'

- - -

14 ~
4584 words

assemble
'He refused to turn around, refused to see his mentor so vulnerable, so lifeless.'

- - -

15 ~
3330 words

happy ending
"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. · · · Then again that's the hero gig; part of the journey is the end. It's all part of the job."