t w e n t y - s e v e n

your move

"Alright, comms check. Can you hear me?"

Peter had insisted on carrying you when stuck to the side of the ship, saying it was more effective than having to cling onto the wing and pray to God you don't fall off. So there you were with your legs wrapped around the front of his torso in a piggyback position. "Yeah, it's just a little loud out here."

"I like the new suits."

"Thank you." You were happy to say you were proud of your work, especially considering how worried you were about screwing it up. Your suit actually came out pretty nice, and so did Peter's. You couldn't wait to get blood and cuts all over it.

You began to close in on London and spotted the giant Elemental mash-up in the river. "Whoa, are you sure that's not real?" Happy questioned.

"Yeah, it's just one hundred times bigger than expected."

"Still the play?"

"Uh-huh."

Your grip around Peter's neck tightened until you thought you were choking him. "We need to get higher so Beck doesn't see us coming." Despite your words, you shrunk against Peter, knowing full well that going higher was not something you wanted to be doing today.

"Copy. Stay sticky."

Happy tilted the jet until it was practically vertical and you couldn't help but look down. "Oh, that's a big drop."

"Don't worry, I got you." Peter took one of his hands from the plane and patted your knee, which only worsened the acidic feeling in your stomach. "Hey, Happy."

"Yeah, kid. What is it?"

"We need to have a serious conversation about you and my aunt-" Without finishing his sentence, Peter jumped off of the plane, causing you to scream and hug him as close as possible.

"What did I say about warning me?!"

"I thought that was only about backflips!"

"You just jumped off a suspended quinjet, are you insane?!"

You leaped off of Peter's back when you got closer to the monster and he needed to deploy his parachute, silently praying that the rockets you'd installed were functional. When you got near enough, you boosted toward the monster, and sure as hell, the rockets worked, allowing you to release a sigh of relief.

Peter dropped the parachute, replacing it with two wings attached to the underside of his outstretched arms. He glided toward the monster, muttering to himself without realizing you could hear him over comms, "It's not real. It's not real. It's not real!" You both flew into the monster, being met with hundreds of drones flying around and projecting different parts of the illusion. It was quite pretty from the inside; you couldn't even tell it was a monster trying to destroy all of London. "Woah, that's awesome."

"Okay, we have to act fast before Beck figures us out." You flew into the air, tapping on your wrist to activate your new shock grenades (with manual detonation). "I'll take the upper half, you take the bottom."

"Let's do this."

You two separated, planting grenades and webs on every drone you could see until you were satisfied. "Okay, on your marks. 3, 2, 1."

You double-tapped your wrist as Peter activated his long string of taser web. "I hope this works." The top half began exploding with electricity while the bottom was a secure and safe line of it. Parts of the illusion started fading away, allowing you to see through to the outside, including Beck, secluded on the Tower Bridge. "I see you," Peter threatened.