t w e n t y

flooded

Boom.

It was loud. A sudden burst as water erupted from the canal like a volcano. At once, everyone started screaming and running to safety, most of the people nearby being swept away by the flood. Ned and Betty were pushed toward the ground, fortunately right where you and Peter were standing. "Betty! You okay?" Peter rushed toward them, not hesitating to grab Betty and help her out, passing her to MJ before helping Ned out too. "Come on!"

"Guys, we gotta go!" Ned leaped toward Betty and MJ, the five of you observing the water as it took the form of a giant person.

"What is that?" you asked Peter, although your eyes remained on the water monster in front of you.

"I don't know."

"What are we gonna do?"

He glanced around the two of you, grabbing your arm after seeing no people listening. "I left my suit in the hotel room."

"What? Why?!"

"'Cause I'm on vacation, Y/N!"

You clutched onto his other arm, glaring at him with a mixture of fear and anger. "Well, then what do we do? Everybody's gonna see your face."

"I don't know!"

"Why don't you go with the others and I'll take care of this-" You attempted to push him off, underestimating the iron grip he had on your upper arms.

"No!"

"Why not?!"

"Because-" He looked away for a moment, down to the ground, up at the water monster, then back to you. "I don't want you to die or get hurt, okay?!"

"And I don't want your identity to get loose but here we are!" The water monster started smashing everything in sight, breaking windows, destroying boats, demolishing buildings. You needed to act and you needed to act now.

"Look, I'll think of something but we really need to go!"

Without a second thought, you tapped the button to unravel your belt, immediately detaching the helmet and clipping it onto your ear. With your helmet activated, you took the rockets off of your belt and slipped them onto your shoes. "Monday?"

"Ready to go, boss."

You grabbed your pistols from their holsters as you flew into the air and began firing toward the water monster, yet it seemed unfazed. It threw a punch toward you, or at least you thought it had until it hit the ground below you, which Peter barely dodged. You continued shooting before noticing the bullets were hitting the buildings behind it. Peter shot a web at it, also passing straight through its watery body. "Shit, our attacks aren't working! What do we do?" he cried.

You surveyed the area, noticing the monster beginning to wade toward a large group of panicked civilians. "All we can do is get everyone to safety!" You boosted toward the people now scattering away from the bridge as the monster headed for it, Peter using the poles from a dock to follow. You landed, helping someone who had fallen down back to their feet and pushing them away from danger. "Are you okay? Go on, go!" Peter also landed next to you, aiding a couple more civilians before turning around just in time for the water monster to punch the bridge, sending both of you flying back to the other side. "Fuck..."

You had landed on your back in such a way that caused the most painful crack to run through your entire body. It wasn't broken, or at least you hoped. "Y/N! Are you okay?" Obviously, Peter hadn't had the same problem. He rushed to your side, pushing back his wet hair as he examined your body for injuries.