𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕟

✃✃✃✃✃✃✃✃✃

William and George got into the showers after everyone else. They had stayed behind to give back the tracking devices, which they had been ordered to hand over without the A's noticing.

Covering their tattoos, each chose an empty shower and washed all the sweat off of themselves. The words permanently engraved on their skin bothered them to that day, and they doubted it would ever stop. Even after being free, the constant reminder of what WICKED thought of them to be a mere letter with a number would be bothersome.

They heard the A's laughing and joking between themselves, but they couldn't feign to feel even half as joyful as them. William's hand clenched his arm with every flash of light that passed through his head.

Memories, he was sure. But which ones? About what? Who was in them? He couldn't see them, nor revive them. They only came and went as they pleased, forming a horrible headache that forced him to lean on the wall for support.

He closed his eyes, stopping the flow of water to drive away the heat. The cool walls felt soothing against his warm skin. Another memory tried to find its way into his mind but was automatically blocked, just like the others were.

Deciding he had been in the showers for too long, William wrapped a towel around his shoulders to protect his tattoo from being seen, and walked to the locker room. Clothes were waiting there. Each in different sizes and colours, though there weren't many to choose from per usual.

George appeared shortly after him, making them the first ones to leave the showers. After all, the A's had been in their trials for two years. Who knew if they had proper showers there? Or if they could even use them? The Sanctuary had to be heaven for them, which made William's and George's hearts shrink. The A's heaven would prove to be hell in no time. They really couldn't stop to catch their breaths.

William shook his head and joined George on the search, from the pile of pale blue shirts and trousers, ones that would fit them. With his arm carefully covered under his shirt's sleeves, William took his time with the rest of his clothes. There was no rush, after all. No one had left the showers yet, and they'd probably take a few more minutes.

What the two boys didn't expect was that they would have to wait for half an hour, dressed and prepared to go out, for the A's to be done. The large group walked in, surprised to see the two sitting in a corner, observing the only other door apart from the one that led to the showers.

"Looks like some shanks didn't take your advice, Minho. What's up, William? George? Afraid that some bad guys with guns will come in and drag you out?" Frypan attempted to joke, though his words were so plausible with their experience so far that William couldn't take it as one.

"You're just saying that because we actually thought that happened," Chuck pointed out with a smirk.

"We didn't see when you two left, and these shanks came up with all these crazy ideas about what had happened," Newt added.

Resting his head on the cool wall, William fought the urge to stare, and drove his eyes back to the door as he said, "You guys have a lot of imagination."

George chuckled softly, elbowing William lightly with a mischievous smirk, though his eyes were still on the A's. "Can you get dressed? I'd like to see what else they've got in store for us."

"Yep, definitely didn't take Minho's advice." Frypan chuckled as he put on a shirt.

To their delight, the group decided to move on to another subject, find clothes that fit them, and got dressed. The room quickly became a mess. Clothes were all around, and only half were dressed.