𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕙 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕔𝕦𝕤

✃✃✃✃✃✃✃✃✃

William could hardly focus on what was going on around him. The pain in his neck made everything unbearable. He could only hear the rest struggling, trying to break free to help them. But it all was futile. The people there were way stronger than any of them.

Without a word uttered, the men let go. Jorge didn't show any displeasure, which led the group to believe it had been a silent order. They didn't let the chance slip by, and the group rejoined at the centre, Group S circling the rest to protect them.

"Right about what? What is she talking about?" Thomas asked, a hand lightly pushing Mae out of the way to face Jorge and the girl.

Jorge glanced at the screen and smiled. "I'm sorry, hermano. Looks like you're tagged. You came from WICKED." He passed the device to the girl. "Which means you're very valuable."

The people surrounding them got closer, ready to follow Jorge's orders. There was a loud thud, and most stopped in their tracks to see what had happened. George was on top of a man, a knife pressed against the man's throat, while Chuck stood behind with wide eyes and a hand on his shoulder.

"Touch him again, and you're dead," said George.

Two men fell to the floor the next second. Knives had barely missed their faces, leaving a cut on their cheeks. Flor and Leen pointed the throwing knives at them, eyes narrowing and noses scrunching. Just like with George, Frypan and Teresa stood behind them, eyes widened in fear and surprise.

"That was a warning. We won't miss next time," warned Leen.

"Lay a finger on them, I dare you." Henry, alongside Rowan, took out two knives and walked over to stand in front of Aris and Newt. "It'll be the last thing you do in your darn pathetic lives."

"Alright, stop," said Jorge. "This is not the way to do things."

Even with his eyes closed, William would have felt the girl coming over to him, but he had no strength to fight. Somehow, he had regained more control since the discussion had started, but his body wasn't at its fullest yet. She laid a hand on his shoulder and yanked him away from Mae's side, her hands quickly positioning themselves as if she were about to break his neck. A pathetic attempt at threatening his team, since the places her hands were in were wrong.

"Let go of him," Mae said, her tone more threatening than how William felt in the girl's hands.

"Brenda," said Jorge, a smirk playing across his face. "Scan him."

Aris took a step closer, but Mae stopped him, taking out a knife from her pocket. She motioned Henry and Rowan to keep Thomas and Minho in place, while Flor and Leen took care of Aris and Newt; the ones who were clearly dreading the idea of William being in danger.

"So you caught on, huh?" Mae smiled at Brenda and Jorge. "I'm sorry, but he's not our weakness." She threw the knife in the air after watching William regain more control over his own body.

Keeping his sight on the knife, William pushed Brenda back, her hands leaving his head instantly. He took the knife and gave it back to Mae, forcing his lips to curve into a smirk.

"Since when are you so dramatic?" he asked.

"It's Henry's fault," she said, causing their friend to huff.

"I literally haven't done anything!" Henry screeched.

Brenda's lips curved upwards into a mocking grin. She raised the device in the air and motioned with her eyes at the rest of the group, which had ended up being restrained during the three's distraction. They all struggled to get away from the grasp, keeping them in place; the weapons far away from anyone's reach.