(Tell me why me and my older cousin were writing Metroid AU angst-)

Not really the Author's Note: So I'm currently at a Xmas party with my family. My cousin is actually a big fan of Metroid Prime and after geeking out over Samus he took my laptop and asked if he could write something. I said sure. Feel free to RP angst in the comments.

 TW: Sewerslidal actions and depression.

(An entry in Samus' journal)

I am disgusted with myself.

The Galactic Federation had me and a few other recruits go to another planet, US23100, and exterminate another species.

Again.

This is my job, isn't it? I signed up for this. I wanted to be a bounty hunter. But I didn't know I would have to mass murder to do it.

I still remember all the guts and bones lying around when we were done. The worst part was that they seemed intelligent enough to know what was happening.

But innocent and defenseless enough to let us slaughter them all.

I remember all the screams. Sent chills like I've never felt them before.

We wiped out all of them. We spent at least a week there, hunting down every last one.

The species was dubbed Groizons. What is even the point of giving them a name if they're extinct?

We took samples to the lab. The reason why we killed them all off? They were seen as a threat. The dumb scientists didn't even know that for sure.

Generations, down in a matter of days.

I can't believe I did this.

Blood of the innocent, on my hands.

Blood of parents.

Blood of children.

Blood of families.

I should have known better.

My parents died to the hands of the Space Pirates. And yet I had the nerve to act like one.

I sentenced all those innocent creatures to the same fate.

And I can never take it back.

(Tears seemed to blot the paper at this point.)

Why did we, the federation, feel like it was okay just to commit genocide like that?

Metroids, I understand. They're parasites that could kill us all.

I need vengeance against the Pirates.

But the Groizons, they were a peaceful colony drifting in space.

And they're all gone now.

And I can never take back my actions.

Never.

Never.

Never.

My paralyzer gun is in reach, right on my desk

Right where I left it.

It seems fair

It seems right

Why should I be allowed to live

When those peaceful aliens couldn't

I have it in my hands

It has a tiny drop of blood on it

The barrel feels cool against my temple.

All I have to do to redeem myself is to pull the trigger.

All I have to do is pull the trigger.

(3rd Person POV)

You haven't seen Samus in a while. You decided to go and check on her, and heard sobbing coming from her room. 

Samus doesn't cry, period. 

You opened the door.