An interlude of Zelda and Link

One day, Link entered the royal throne room, where Zelda was advising military captains. She ushered them away once Link approached her, and eyed him haughtily.

Link: "Hey, Zelda, I was wondering if you'd like to...to take a walk with me."

Zelda: "Link, this is our fourth walk this week. Why do you always want me to come along with you? I have important tasks to complete. Why don't you ask Midna to come with you?"

Link, muttering: "'Cause I like you better..."

Zelda: "Pardon?"

Link: "R-REASONS- anyway, it's a nice day...and you're always working. Don't you want to take a break?"

Zelda: "...Very well then, a quick walk, but we must return soon, I'm expecting a very important visitor."

Link and Zelda set off at a leisurely pace through Hyrule. Although they had walked those streets many times, there was always something new to see.

Link: "Hey, look! They got XXXXXXXXXXXXL wallets! I could use one of those..."

Zelda: "Link, you really don't need any more rupees. You're starting to rival our royal wealth with how much you have."

Link: "Hmph."

Zelda: "...Why don't I show you a part of Faron Woods that perhaps you've never seen before? It's called Pixie Grotto. Or at least, that what I called it."

Link: "Huh...sure, why not."

Zelda led Link into a part of Faron Woods that was surprisingly unknown to him. After a while of plowing through shrubs and greenery, they stumbled upon a lagoon of fairies. Perhaps something else, but it wasn't showing itself. Link could have sworn he heard other voices.

Zelda: "Well, here it is. Isn't it beautiful? A lot of creatures reside here because it's hidden and peaceful. I come here sometimes when I need to think."

???: "I smell a boy~!"

Zelda: "...Oh, great."

Feminine faces of great beauty popped through the water, their eyes unnaturally vibrant, their skin pale, long hair and thick lashes.

Zelda, grudgingly: "These are sirens, Link. There are only a few of their kind left, and they reside in freshwater like these-"

Siren #1: "Oooh, what a gorgeous specimen you got there, Princess."

Link: "Uhm-"

Siren #2: "He smells heroic."

Siren #3: "What perfect features he has!"

Link, flustered: "I-"

Siren #1: "Come a little closer, don't be shy~!"

Siren #2: "We don't bite!"

Siren #3: "Unless you want us to~."

The three sirens giggle seductively, leaving Link a deep shade of red and Zelda very disgruntled.

Zelda: "Yes, but he is...not available."

Link: "WHAT-"

Siren #1: "What, is he YOURS?"

Siren #2: "You can do so much better than her, pretty boy~!"

Siren #3: "Come into the water with us, and we'll show you what a true fun time is!"

Link, now a bit curious, steps into the water, and Zelda is shocked.

Zelda: "LINK, NO!"

Link: "Wh-"

The sirens laugh, and their laughter soon turns into screeches. Their hair darkened, their skin turned scaly, their teeth sharpened into fangs, and they dove at Link at once. Link brought out his sword and shield, fighting them back. The sirens proved to be much stronger than their dainty appearances suggested.

Zelda: "Link, get out of there!!"

Link was soon cornered by the sirens and their taunting laugh-screeches. Zelda, desperate to save Link, hopped into the water and aimed her Light Bow at the sirens, who all turned in fear at the bright, godly light at the tip of Zelda's arrow.

Zelda: "Leave him alone, and if you touch a hair on his head, I swear to Hylia, I will pierce you all in the heart."

The sirens, not wanting to test the patience of the divine princess which was Zelda, scowled and dove back into the depths of the lagoon, one by one.

Siren #1: "You're no fun!"

Zelda out away her bow and lended a hand to Link as he stumbled out of the water.

Link: "Thanks, Zelda..."

Zelda: "You're welcome, Link. And let that be a lesson to you- beauty only runs skin deep."

Link: "Yeah...listen Zelds, I gotta go...the markets are going to close soon and I wanna by that wallet, even if you said not to, so-"

Zelda, sighing: "Of course you do-"

Link: "-but there's one person that I can think of who's outside beauty matches their inside."

Zelda, a bit miffed: "And who's THAT, Link..?"

Link, smiling: "A princess by the name of Zelda."

Link left a pink-faced Zelda at the waters of the Pixie Grotto, ending their rather action-packed interlude.