🍩
--- ⁎ Meeting the husband ⁎ ---

» [Chapter three] «0:45 ━o━━ 3:37⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

» [Chapter three] «
0:45 ━o━━ 3:37
⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

◊↝
If I was thinking about this logically, I have two days, 48 hours and the wedding starts at seven... So that all adds up to 53 hours in total. If each escape takes one hour then I have 53 escapes and I only need one of those to succeed. 

I sat upon my bed, thinking of all the ideas of how to escape. I had so many that my mind was about to explode, until a knock. "Yes?" I stood up from my bed and walked over to the door as I opened it I was faced with a broad chest.

The man who owned the well-toned chest bent down to face me. The man had a smug look plaster on his face. He had a large scar across the left side of his face with purple locks that were tied in three different directions, one atop his head and two on each side. 

"Wow, lucky Katakuri. You're hot," The man smirked. "Cracker, pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady like yourself." The man now known as Cracker stuck his hand out, gesturing for me to take it. I placed my hand in his as I gave him a sweet smile. "Very nice to meet you too." Cracker bowed down to my hand and kissed the knuckles. 

"Please follow me, miss Y/n." Cracker still held my hand as he led me out of the room. "How do you know my name?" I asked, arching a brow. "Everyone knows your name, silly." Cracker chuckled. "Oh, right. Sorry," I mumbled. "No need to apologise."

"So, where are we going, Mr Cracker?" I asked. Cracker gave my hand a light squeeze. "No need for the formalities, I'll be your brother-in-law anyway. You're going to meet with your soon-to-be husband." I stopped dead in my tracks and peered up at Cracker. "W-what?" I whimpered. "It's nothing to worry about, all you do is talk for an hour... To you know, learn more about each other." Cracker explained. 

He gave my hand a little tug as I started walking again, following behind him. We soon arrived at a door. "Good luck." Cracker smiled and wander off. I gulped and cracked the door open, taking a small peek inside.

"Wow," I mumbled, taking a step inside. The room was filled with to-the-brim with books. Bookcases were covering every wall. I wandered in and glided my hand across the books as a smile graced itself on my lips. 

I always loved to read when I was little, father didn't let me do much as I would have to stay inside, in fear that I would run away. I only ever have three books to read, but here I was in one of the biggest libraries I've ever seen.

I sat down on a seat pushed up against a wall, with a book in my hand. I open it up and smiled. The book was about the history behind the Poneglyph. I got so lost in the door that I didn't hear the approaching footstep. 

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, startling me from my book. I looked up and saw a tall man with maroon hair, a scarf wrapped around his lower face and dressed in what looked like a biker's outfit. 

"Oh, sorry. Was I not allowed to read a book? I put it back." I got up and bowed slightly, showing the man respect as his towering figure stared down at me. "Are you Y/n?" The man asked. I nodded my head extremely intimidated. "I'm Katakuri." His voice came out calm and monotoned. 

"Katakuri? Oh! Right, I'm very sorry. I didn't know what you looked like and no one gave me a description." I bowed again and awkwardly laughed. Katakuri sighed and pointed to my book. "What were you reading?" He asked

I stood up straight and looked down at my book. "I was reading about the Poneglyphs. They really fascinate me. To think that there was a time when people wrote in such a unique way. A-and now all that history is lost, except for those who can read Poneglyphs. I-I mean I can, well only a little..." I started rambling. I caught myself and clamped my hand over my mouth. "Sorry, it's just... No one really asks about this stuff and I kinda exploded." I apologised.

Katakuri sighed again and sat down on the chair, patting the spot beside him. I got the message and sat down. "You said you could read the Poneglyphs?" He asked, raising a brow. I nodded my head. "Kinda," I mumbled. 

"Mama has a road Phoneglyph. No one can read it yet. You could try." I perked up at the idea and smiled widely. "Really? I've never seen a real Poneglyph. Yes, please! Oh, if that's ok with you?" Katakuri nodded his head and stood up, signalling to follow him.

I stood up as Katakuri walked to the door. He looked back and panicked slightly not seeing me anywhere, before I came waltzing back into his view. "Had to put the book back," I murmured. He sighed and shook his head, grabbing my arm.

"It's better if you stay beside me," He grumbled. I nodded my head as we made our way out of the library. 

We walked down the hallways, giving me lots of opportunities to explore different escape possibilities. "So... Where are we going?" I asked "Treasure room, that's where the road Poneglyph is."

I hummed a tune as we stopped in front of two giant doors. "Mr Katakuri, entre?" A guard asked. "Confirmed." He spoke. The doors opened as my mouth when a jar. It was huge. The room was filled to the brim with gold, jewels and much more. 

"There." Katakuri pointed to a big red cube at the very top of the treasure room.

We walked up to it as Katakuri opened the door, letting me inside. My hand skimmed the surface as my fingers traced the writing. I stared in awe and smiled widely. "Can you read it?"

↩To Continue↪