ⅥⅠ

🍩
--- ⁎ New home ⁎ ---

» [Chapter seven] «0:45 ━o━━ 3:37⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

» [Chapter seven] «
0:45 ━o━━ 3:37
⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

◊↝
The night went on, Big mom stuffing her face with cake, while Katakuri didn't eat a single bit of anything. The night sky was growing darker and the guests were growing tired. 

The wedding was concluded, the guests walked up to Katakrui and me, exclaiming their joy for our marriage. I smiled sweetly at them as I shook their hands. Katakuri glared down at me at my sudden change of attitude.

"Now it's time for you two love birds to get going!" Big mom smiled hushing us along and humming a small tune. I scoffed quietly and followed behind Katakuri, staring at his shoes. I really didn't feel like looking at him.

We were led to a ship, getting on it and setting sail. It took an hour to arrive at another island, this one having doughnuts everywhere. I tuned out the walk there only focusing when we got to the bedroom. "This is where we'll be sleeping," Katakuri grumbled. I sighed and then stopped. "W-wait. You said we... I'm not sleeping in the same bed with you." I spat, walking to the door. 

Katakuri's arm shot up, stopping me from walking away. "Get off," I growled. "You're not going anywhere." His monotone voice spoke, dragging me to the bed. He threw me on the bed, flopping down next to me and making me bounce a little. 

I sighed, feeling no energy to fight with the man. "Whatever," I grumbled. "I won't." I turn around, facing him. "You better not do-... Wait, did you answer my question?" I ask. Katakuri nods and lies on his side, facing away from me. "No," He grumbles. "Aren't you going to take your-...." I start. "Right, that's not annoying," I grumble, laying on the bed and sighing.

I wait till I could hear small snores coming from my husband. I look at him and crawl over, touching his back. He stirs slightly but doesn't wake. I let out a sigh and stare at him, letting my body relax. As soon as it did, tears were falling from my eyes. I curled up and cried, mumbling incoherent words.

My husband moved, catching my attention. I looked at him with watering eyes, seeing his scarf crooked. My tear drops fell on his face as I fix his scarf, but before it was fully fixed I saw a peak of what was under there. My curiosity got the better of me as I completely pulled his scarf off. 

I gasped, seeing what was underneath. My hand slowly inched its way to his mouth. Once it was there I creased his cheeks, stroking his lips with my finger. I smiled when grumbled in his sleep, moving his head closer to me. 

The tears had stopped falling as I was now enhanced by my husband's beauty. The minutes ticked by before I realised what I was doing. Once I did, I quickly put his scarf back on and rolled to my side, not facing him as I bit my nails. "I shouldn't have done that," I mumbled, thinking of how angry he would be if he knew I invaded his personal space. 

"That's a bad habit," I jumped when the voice of my husband echoed behind me. "W-what?" I stuttered turning to face him as he sat up. "Biting your nails." He pointed, making me quickly take them away from my mouth. "I thought you were asleep." I faked a smile. "Should I be the one asking you that? It is five in the morning and it looks like you haven't slept all night." I looked to the clock on the wall and gasped. "Oh! I didn't even realise the time." 

"Why a-." I began. "Because I have to go to work." My husband answered. I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Could you at least let me finish my question before you answer it? I don't care if you already know my questions. It's getting annoying." I scolded, taking my husband by surprise. "What?" I asked, seeing his shocked face. "I-it's just you spoke up to me. And the only person that does that is Mama."

I looked at him for a couple of seconds before bursting into laughter. Kataluri stared at me with surprise, unable to understand what was going on. "Oh my god! I really did. I'm so used to talking like that with people. But since I got here I was distracted. I didn't even mean to do it, it kinda slipped out." I giggled, whipping some tears from my eyes. "I was so caught up in my pity party that I completely forgot." Katakuri nodded his head slowly to indicate he understood. "You know, this is the only marriage proposal that my dads accepted," I mumbled. 

"Anyway! You said you were going to work. What exactly do you do?" I asked. "I'm a sweet commander, so I run this city, make sure everything's in place." I nodded my head and jumped off the bed. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked. "Why would you want to help?" I giggled and turned to face Katakuri. "You and I are stuck with each other. And personally, I don't think you're a bad person. And you interest me, so I wanna get along. Not like husband and wife, but like friends." For the third time today, Katakuri was shocked. "You don't think I'm a bad person and you want to be friends?" He asked, pointing to himself. I shook my head and smiled at him. "Yeah, plus. Back when I ran, you could've pushed me around or even hurt me, but you didn't. You made it look like you would, but every time you grabbed or forced me around you were gentle with it." I lifted my wrist up. "You didn't even leave a mark, which means you know your strength and you were obviously using the least amount."

"Hey!" I explained, startling Katakuri. "You let me finish what I was saying." I smiled. "How did you know what I was going to say anyway?" I asked. "I can see into the future, but it's like a light switch. I can turn it on and off." He explained. I once again smile at him, before my stomach rudely interrupted.

↩To Continue↪