🍩
--- ⁎ Wedding ⁎ ---

» [Chapter six] «0:45 ━o━━ 3:37⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

» [Chapter six] «
0:45 ━o━━ 3:37
⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

◊↝
I continued running, not looking back, even when the sound of footsteps were getting closer. I need to find anywhere to hide, if I didn't then I would be taken back and be forced to marry some random man that I've only ever met once. 

I look around and found a little gap behind a mirror, stopping to inspect further. I moved the mirror and gleamed, behind it was a small crawl space. "Perfect," I mumbled, crawling in and moved the mirror back in place, making it look as if no one was there.

I heard feet scramble by, not once looking at the mirror. I was safe, for now. I slid out of the mirror and ran the opposite way, making sure not to be loud. While I was running I kept looking back, sure that no one was following me. 

I looked back again and smiled before bumping into something. Expecting to fall I shut my eyes but instead felt arms wrap around my waist, stopping the impact. I opened my eyes and looked up, meeting those of the grooms.

"Shit," I mumbled, trying to squirm out of his steel grip. "Let me go." I huffed. "You don't want to get married either, right? So if you let me go, then no one will know and you don't have to marry me. It's a win-win situation." 

"No." Katakuri's voice was deep and demanding, making me feel like I had to submit. I stopped moving and stared at Katakuri. "Your mother wouldn't know," I mumbled. "You will not ruin Mama's day," Katakuri hissed, lifting me up and throwing me over his shoulder. 

I smashed my fist against his back, trying anything to get away but he was too strong. "Please!" I screamed as we made our way to a worried Brulee. "Oh, thank god you found her." Brulee sighed, stepping in between the mirror, allowing Katakuri through. 

Katakuri tossed me to the floor, blocking my way so I couldn't get anywhere. He bent down and grabbed onto my arm, pulling me up and dragging me to another room. "The weddings in five minutes." He growled, opening the door to another room and shoving me in.

"Behave." He hissed. "Fuck you," I spat, getting up and standing my ground. "I'll keep running, because who would ever want to marry someone like you and be a part of a family that has that old hag," I snarled. Katakuri's eyes widened before they turn into ones of anger. Raising his hand, he brought it down. I shut my eyes tight and waited for his slap.

I felt the wind against my cheek, but when I didn't feel that similar stinging sensation I opened my eyes. Katakuri stood there, his gloved hand hovering by my cheek. He looked furious. "How dare you speak about Mama like that," He gritted.

My eyes moved to his hand, scared of moving and angering him more. "I-I don't want to be stuck," I spoke, my voice not getting any higher than a whisper. Katakuri furrowed his brows, seeing the tears roll down my cheeks. He dropped his hand and sighed. "Just behave yourself, got it?" I nodded vigorously, scared that he might actually hit me next time. And if he hit me, it would be far worse than anything my father could do. 

Katakuri gripped my arm, pulling me to the chairs in the room and sitting me down. "Stay." He voiced. I nodded and let my eyes wander, looking for anything to use to help me get out. "Don't." His sudden voice sent shivers down my spine, making me nod my head again and keep my eyes stuck to the ground.

The sound of loud hearing comes from the other side of the big doors, the ones on the other side of the room. I wonder what was behind them. Katakuri once again grabbed me, but this time held my hand. "Play along," He mumbled. 

The doors opened and Katakuri walked, dragging me behind. I stumbled and became anxious, seeing the millions of people lined up waiting for Katakuri and me. 

We walked down a path. The theme of the wedding was obviously mint green, but that didn't concern me. What concerned me was the closer I got to that alter, the less time I had, the less free I was. "N-no," I muttered, starting to tear up. 

I didn't want this. The rest of my life would be ruined, I was never going to be free. I didn't want to walk, I didn't want to hear their cheers. There was nothing to cheer about. This was sad, not happy. 

Once we had concluded our walk, Katakuri mumbled, telling me to play happily. I did just that, smiling as if I had just been given the best gift in the whole world. 

I blocked out everything, trying my hardest not to scream or cry. Until the words I wished to never hear were spoken. "Will you, Y/n, take Katakuri as your husband? In sickness and in health." My eyes wander up to Katakuris, feeling his bore into me. "I-I do." I hesitated. "And you, Katakuri, do you take Y/n as your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health." 

"I do," Katakuri answered, without wasting time. The priest smiled as Katakuri grabbed my hand and slid the ring on, my hands shaking. I shakily grabbed the other ring and put it on Katakuri's finger. The room was filled with cheers and whistles.

We walked down, moving to sit at a table. I once again blocked everything out, not even taking a bite from the cake in front of me. I stared at the green frosting, hoping for the tears to stay in my eyes. I twisted the ring on my finger, playing with it. 

I had to admit, if this was my choice then I'd love to be married in such a place, but the circumstances made things seem like a nightmare. I felt like if I took one bite from the cake, then I'd throw it up. 

I stopped my pity party and thought. Just because I was married to Katakuri, didn't mean I had to stay with him. I could still run. 

With this new thought in mind, I lightened up, smiling happily and taking a bit from my cake. I was never going to stop running, I was going to get out of here, even if it kills me.

↩To Continue↪