ⅢⅠ

🍩
--- ⁎ Attempt one ⁎ ---

» [Chapter four] «0:45 ━o━━ 3:37⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

» [Chapter four] «
0:45 ━o━━ 3:37
⇆ ◃ ⅠⅠ ▹ ↺

◊↝
"What does it say?" Katakuri asked, bending down to be at my level. "Well... It's a little confusing. I'm not sure I understand," I mumbled, tracing the carvings with my finger. "It doesn't seem complete, like a puzzle piece." 

Katakuri hummed and sighed. "It was worth a shot," He grumbled. "I'm sure if I had all the pieces then I would be able to tell you. Sorry for not being of any use." Katakuri sighed again and brang his hand up to my head, patting it lightly.

"It's fine," He mumbled, standing up and telling me to follow him. I did as I was told, making our way to the room I was staying in. "It was nice to meet you," I whispered, barely able to hear. "Yeah," Katakuri responded, closing the door and leaving. 

I stared at the door for a while, before I grabbed a bag I found and started packing things I would need. I slung the bag over my shoulder and opened the window, checking what it was like. "Not that many people around, good," I mumbled.

The sun was starting to set, which was great because it'd be harder to track me down, especially in a forest. I walked over to my door, took a deep breath and placed my hand on the knob. I twisted it and peeked out. 

Not seeing anyone around, I quickly and quietly ran out. I stopped running when I found a convenient place to hide. I waited a couple of minutes, after some soldiers passed by. When I hadn't heard or seen anything, I left my hiding spot and made a run for it. 

All I needed to do was get to the first floor, then I could easily jump out a window.

I made my way down to the copious amount of stairs, hiding now and then to keep my cover. When I was on the first floor, I made my way to a room and peeked inside. When there was no one I could see I walked in, closing the door behind me. 

I looked around a noted this was a storage room. There was a small window up high, facing the forest. "Lucky me," I mumbled, placing a barrel - with what I assumed was alcohol - under it. I step up on the barrel and pushed the window open, having to put more pressure on it since it wouldn't budge. "Come on," I grunted, still pushing the window. 

It took a few tries, but I finally got it open. I looked out and shoved my bag threw the window. It made a small sound and when no one came to investigate, I pushed myself out of the window, landing on my feet.

I looked around and smiled at the absence of people around. I picked my bag up and held it tightly. "Here goes," I mumbled, running to the forest. I made sure not to be spotted and took my time as the sun fully set, now engulfed by the dark. 

"Shit," I grunted, slightly stumbling on a branch. I had made it to the beginning of the forest. I took a deep breath in, looking behind me. I turned back around when I knew no one was following me, taking a step into the forest. 

It had been a couple of minutes of me trudging around the forest and my legs were starting to hurt. "I've been wandering around for ages and I still haven't got anywhere." I rested against a tree, looking up into the night sky. 

I closed my eyes. I heard shuffling, so I quickly opened my eyes, looking at where the noise had come from. What I saw was nothing like I had expected, there were moving trees and the ground was moving. "What the hell?" I got up and walked over to the trees as they stood still in place. 

They started shuffling around, running away from me. I walked up to the tree I had been lying on and climbed up, till I could see the ocean. "What the fuck?" I was nowhere close to the ocean, basically at the very beginning of the forest. 

The trees must have been moving to make me walk in a circle. "Shit, stupid fucking trees." I climbed down from the tree and walked in the direction of where I had seen the ocean. When the trees blocked my way, I climbed over them, making sure to keep moving forward. 

I climbed up another tree and smiled, seeing that I had successfully made progress, almost in the middle. I continued my way smiling happily, until I bumped into something, falling onto my butt. 

"Ow," I looked up and backed away slightly. "Huh?" There was a reflection of me sitting in front of me, doing everything I was. "What the?" It mimicked me as I continued to back away. I needed to think of a plan. If my suspicions were correct then this forest was made to fool people, make them get lost. 

I needed to get rid of my mirror image or else I can't get anywhere. I moved to the side as it followed, to move some more, making sure that I could run without bumping into the mirror image. 

When I had successfully escaped the mirror image, I got up and ran. I continued running until something grabbed me, pushing me to the ground. I gasped as I looked up at what had stopped me from escaping. 

"Where do you think you're going?" I gasped as something pushed me to the ground. I started struggling as the person that had me pinned down was none other than Cracker. "Lets me go!" I yelled, containing to struggle even though I knew there was no escaping him. 

"Just stop struggling, there's no point." I didn't listen to him and tried lifting my hands but to no avail. 

One of Cracker's hands lifted from my wrist, but before I could attempt anything it came down on my neck. Now unconscious, I was easy to take back to the Chateau. 

↩To Continue↪