c h a p t e r. 17

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙

Genesis
November 14, 2023

Genesis November 14, 2023

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙

"What's the plan for today?" Leon asks as we walk into the apartment that Yasmin and I share. We just finished walking Bear, the golden doodle, and Pepper and Sire, the pit bulls.

"Wanna go to a basketball game later?" I ask him while locking the door behind me, then taking their leashes off

"Who's playing?" He asks as we walk to the living room.

"Knicks vs. Hornets," I reply, and he nods as I bring my phone from my pocket before I sit down.

"Before you assume, no, he didn't invite me to the game. Brandon got tickets from his cousin and didn't wanna go alone," I tell him, causing him to nod and look at me sideways. Leon picks Pepper up and lays her on his lap.

"Good morning," I hear Yasmin greet, and then the door close. I side-eye Leon before looking up from my phone and at Yasmin. I see her with Louis Vuitton and Victoria's Secret shopping bags.

"So I've been thinking it's been getting a little crowded," Yasmin starts causing me to glance at Leon quickly before sitting up and putting my phone down.

"I've been looking in some areas and found this nice little penthouse a couple of blocks from here. It's a nice place that I want you to look at, and here's a plus it has four bedrooms," She says, causing me to nod as she sets her bags down and sits beside me.

"Four bedrooms for two people, for what?" I ask while looking through one of her Louis Vuitton bags and saw a jacket and a handbag.

"The dogs need their room. We have three additions to this family now," She says, causing me to nod my head.

"Well, our lease is up in a couple of months," I comment while shrugging, thinking about it.

"Damn, whole lotta packing on my half," I mumble, thinking about the house I'm getting ready to buy and now the apartment.