Rumors say...

Almost 4 weeks had passed since the arrival of the dornish, and still no formal proposal from either side. Otto made Alicent's mind that Meriah might not be the most suited, and waited the arrival of the Starks he had invited. Alicent was completely against marrying the Stark child to Aemond, as was Viserys and Aemond himself. Otto invited him anyway, hoping to at least secure the match between Daeron, that would soon arrive in the red keep as well. In the Dornish side, Meriah was decided to marry Aemond, he was her ticked out of Dorne, but she had no feelings for him, she could enjoy his company for sure, and believed love would grow in the future, but as of the present, she couldn't say to have those feelings. Lord Martell however did not mention such inclinations to the western side, because he himself was unsure. Meriah was his only daughter, he was committed to finding a husband that could speak to her heart and be deeply in love with her, something he did not see in Aemond at all. They planned to stay for at least 3 months, most likely 4, to justify the journey they made and to make all the matches that were already settled firm, so there was time to decide.
  In the other hand, Orya and Aemond seem to grew closer, and that was not unnoticed of course. There were whispers, talks, and even false claims that swear to have witnessed them being a little too intimate, as with kissing and touching, which was completely false. Even growing close, Aemond and Orya kept a cordial distance at all times, never trespassing what is decent. They shared rides together, training, books, stories and walks, loutghs yes, maybe an innocent touch in the hand, but nothing more. And every time they were together, they made it in a public way. In Orya's mind, she was helping Meriah find out how to bond with the prince, and for Aemond it was the same, he felt like his relationship with Orya would help him find the connecting points with lady Meriah. But such connection never happened, truth his, every time the two of them started talking about the future marriage, or the possibility of it, the conversation quickly turned to other theme, sometimes Aemond asked about Meriah, but it was more for politeness and duty than anything else. As for Orya, when she questioned his grace about details of himself, she was actually personally interested into knowing about it, she found him incredibly interesting and time was easy to spend with him. Such innocent ways were, however, falsely interpreted by some maids, and the rumors quickly arrived to Aegon's ears. During the night, after having dinner, Aegon planned to spend his time in the city, one more time going thought the depravities of his tastes, but this time he was interested in knowing more about the rumors he had heard from Aemond and the dornish, so he searched for Aemond in his chambers before committing to other sins.

- I did not know you were into woman older than you brother, must say she's a fine choice - Aegon said with half a smile entering his brother's chambers.
Aemond froze listening to his brother's words, not understanding at first what he meant.
- Excuse me Aegon...what are you saying?
- Oh common, don't play it with me...people have seen it you know, I've seen it too.
- Seen what Aegon?
- You know...you and lady Orya, how close you both are...
- What do you mean with that, speak. - At this point Aemond got closer to Aegon holding him against the wall. He was very distressed with the things he was listening from the older, he needed to know exactly what was going on, and what was the source of it.
- Maids and stable boys have been talking a little about you and lady Orya, some claim that they saw you touching her hands and...kissing her in the stables. No more than that, that I know off at least. - Aegon looked aside while saying this. Truth is, he knew that the rumors were most likely false, and still, he chose to deliver them to Aemond in such way, to see his brother's reaction.
- Who? Who spoke such thing? You know it's all lies that could ruin Lady Orya's reputation, even mine. I want names. - At first Aemond talked calmly, but after asking the first time with no avail he yelled into Aegon's ears and demanded to know who was the responsible for that.
On that same night Aegon lead Aemond to the two maids that were his usual mistresses that told him what they heard, they both claimed not to have spread anything, they just told the prince Aegon what they heard from another maid. The maid was found, and after her another, and after that two more, two stable boys followed, and a kid from the kitchen as well. They could not agree which responsible was to spread the original false rumors. So Aemond punished them equally, for that all of them were guilty of spreading the claims. On that same night, all those servants were sent away, to work on other small houses, or to the streets of silk. The punishment was harsh, but prince Aemond was firm. Aegon pledged that he at least could have mercy on one of the maids that wormed his bed to which Aemond only said " You have a wife, and a sister, do not embarrass me and yourself further." Embarrassed with that answer, Aegon simply followed the maids into the streets of silk and the flea bottom, to drink himself to sleep. At this time however, a pestilence was spreading through the streets, the Maesters had already advised everyone in the castle to be aware of the rats, the small animals were spreading an illness similar to the shivers that had pledged the realm during Jaehaerys reign, even if this one was less severe than that one. Even so, Aegon did not even think twice.