The arrival of the Starks

The Starks finally arrived, bringing with them a long committee, almost as long as the Dornish. The red keep was growing big in population, the King jokingly said if it would no be better to move everyone to Harrenhal, the biggest castle in all the realm. The Queen even authorized that some higher birth maids and service boys be sent to the common area on the castle, but some servants of the Starks were kept in big camping tents outside, with all the commodities. The queen didn't want to look rude, so she provided the ones outside with more luxury than the ones inside, and for anyone complained. As for the Dornish, they also rearranged to settle everyone in lesser space. Besides this, another person was coming to the red keep, one with a big room in the royal chambers, it was Daeron Targaryen, the youngest prince, with his beautiful blue dragon Tessarion. Daeron flew above the red keep enunciating is come, flying twice about it before finally landing. His mother, Aemond and Helaena awaited for him at the doors, so did Otto Hightower. The King kept inside and would rarely leave his chambers for fear or contracting the evil thing that was been spreading with the rats. Prince Aegon had already fallen ill with it, When Aemond and Criston arrived with him from the streets he was already ill. The Maesters confirmed it was indeed the disease that was spreading but that it was not spread person to person, still, it was a serious condition and the prince should be reserved only to bed rest until fully recovered, which was terrible for the young prince, he was eager to seduce the northern women.

- Welcome home son - Alicent kissed his forehead and hugged him - come, you arrive just in time, the Starks arrived yesterday, tomorrow we'll have a feast to celebrate their welcome and yours as well. Rhaenyra and her family will also arrive from Dragonstone tomorrow morning.
- It will also be a great opportunity to introduce yourself to the Starks, to lady Serena specially - Otto said. Alicent gave him an unpleasant eye telling him to leave it for now.
- I just arrived and you're already planning my marriage. Speaking of it, what about Aemond, aren't you older than me brother? Why are they not worrying about you instead? - Daeron said jokingly. Truth is he was not aware of the intentions of marrying Aemond to the Dornish lady, he knew they were there, but since there were other matches announced he just thought it was a peaceful reunion to celebrate peace between the lands and celebrate a couple of other nobles matches.
- I guess that's also being taken care of brother... - Aemond answered his brother in a shy way, he didn't knew how to tell him, and Alicent and Otto were also uncertain of the match so they didn't said anything else.

The dornish were introduced to him almost right after his arrival. Otto was annoyed by it, since he thought it should have been the Starks, but Aemond wanted to cause the first impression. He presented Meriah, Orya and the rest of the Martells do Daeron first, in hopes to understand if Meriah and Daeron could work as a match. Daeron was young, but he was not naive or stupid. He had a very bright and jovial nature, very well humored and loved in the court, but he was attentive to details. He quickly understood the ambient between Aemond and Orya, in truth, after their conversation in the library they had spend every waking second together, it was no longer such a secret, they looked closer, but had yet to confess actual love for each other. Regarding Alicent, she was yet to touch the subject with her son, she gave him 5 days, she wanted an answer after the feast. After the meeting Cole invited Daeron for a training to access his qualities as a warrior, but Daeron used it to gossip about his brother.
- Oh my brother, my good brother Aemond...he's in love! - Daeron declared while cleaning his clothes after train.
- Lady Meriah is beautiful, with lots of money and land, I surely believe he is - Criston knew of Aemond's inclination to Orya, but he didn't knew how much he should speak of it.
- Lady Meriah? No Sir Criston! I'm referring to lady Orya of course...he loves her I'm sure, and I think she loves him too. He is always so serious and stoic, inexpressive, he looks quite scary sometimes. But with Orya? Oh with Orya he looks so pleased and relaxed, he loughs with her... I hope it's a match - And so the young prince rejoiced with what he saw, just like his sister he also wished Aemond to experience all the love he deserve.
After all the affairs, he still had time to visit his brother in his times of illness. Daeron was still presented to the Straks that same day, and was presented of course to lady Serena Stark, only a child. She was beautiful, kind, well mannered, but still a child. Not that he was old, he was yet to be 18, but the girl was only 11. Daeron did not agree with the match, at least for now and he told that to Otto. He told him however that he could perhaps marry her later, when she flowered as a lady, but maybe he should think of another option if he wanted to marry him that year. Otto was not pleased, but seemed that he was alone on his mission to with the starks, for that even the lord stark himself was not interested in marring his young daughter. Otto understood by then that their biggest reason to go there was to actually mare lord Eren Stark, the heir with Winterfell, that was still unmarried approaching 30 years of age.