I am yours and you are mine

Vhagar appeared in the sky, descending into the hunting fields where Boros was accompanied by some knights, squires, and Otto himself. Boros had forgotten how big that creature was, in that moment, he felt small, insignificant. Otto did not fear it, he didn't imagine Aemond capable of attacking them, it would mean treason for him, even for a prince. After she landed, Aemond gazed at them, without his eye patch, showing the blue sapphire. Training and then riding Vhagar took a toll on him, he felt his body failing him, but could not show any signs of weakness. When Boros saw the one eyed prince's fake jewel eye in front of him he quivered in fear.

- I believe you should still be resting and recovering Aemond, not flying above the realm with your dragon frightening guests- Otto walked forward to meet him, showing him no sign of fear.

- I believe you should remember your role and stop this stupidity - Aemond's face showed the disgust and hatred he felt.

- And you should remember yours, as a prince, as a Targaryen.

- I haven't done anything to stain any of those...on the other hand you...

- I have done what needed to be done, as always. There was a promise that was broken between lord Boros and the Targaryens, you should thank me for taking care of it before vengeance takes over our family.

- Vengeance? - Aemond laughted ironically. Boros was still behind Otto, it was almost laughable how scared he was - what vengeance? I have a dragon, not just any dragon, the oldest and biggest dragon of them all. Maybe you have forgotten your place because you're not a Targaryen yourself - he said it to his relative, but his eye looked to Boros, because the sentence applied to him too.

- Are you frightening me boy? - This time Boros replied - I'm only demanding what is right, and if you have any honor you'll comply. A oath of betrothal was made, and a marriage should follow.

- There was never any oath on it and you know it... it was pure talk only.

- Same thing. You might attack me with your dragon, my prince, but all the realm will know my version, that prince Aemond attacked the storm's end because he didn't want to honor his duty. What will the realm think of a prince that has no duty? It will do a fine love song for the ages to tell, but not of a fine prince.

Those words bleed and tightened on Aemond's heart, duty was the core of his soul, he could endure not being loved by the realm, like his sister was, but he could not live with the fame of not being dutiful, unworthy, because those things would go down on history, it would be on his own legacy. But there was no chance of him to comply with marrying Cassandra, his love and duty relied now with the Martells, that was duty too, so he demanded another option.

- Then let's make the God's decide, with a duel, just like the trials by combat. Vhagar won't have to unleash her rage if we settle this like noble man. If you win, I'll marry your daughter, if I win, you'll get out of king's landing on this very day. Choose your champion.

- Fine. My knight Edmund will surely do, but who will be yours you Grace?

- Myself of course - Aemond took his sword out without any reservation or fear.

- You both stop this foolishness - Otto declared - this is not a trial, is a betrothal. You'll do your duty and marry Cassandra, Aemond! You're not even in health to put up a fight son, I will not be to blame for your injury, or death.

- You should have thought about it first...grandfather.

- Sir Edmund - Boros called - you will fight for me as my champion and win. I declare tho, that no severe wounds or vital spots should be aimed. Like sir Otto said, this is not a trial, and what prize would I win if the prince dies fighting? Win, but don't kill or injure him terribly, it's bad enough he only has one eye.