News from Storm's End

In the next day, queen Alicent made the announcement of the betrothal first thing in the morning, for all court to listen clearly. Then she talked with the small council, they were not as brave as her father so to speak badly of the match, but their faces indicated their unpleasant feelings with it, and some spoke of their divergences. Nevertheless she settled it quickly, there could be no voice against her own and the king.
- My son, Aemond Targaryen, is betrothed to lady Orya Martell and soon to be married, let it be known, it IS settled. Tonight we celebrate, between family and close friends only, we celebrate their marriage and my son's recovery after the terrible illness. He's still convalescent and in frail health so it will be a modest and private celebration, but a celebration nevertheless.
The news made the rumors finally set in stone, and the maids and stable boys could finally speak of it with no fear or shame, and the expectations of feasts and ceremonies seemed prosperous for them. When Aemond woke up, Orya was already gone from his chambers. She woke up in the middle of the night and returned to her rooms, hoping to avoid any further shame. The eyes could be condescending with her staying in his chambers when he was very ill, but not exactly on this occasion. Aemond woke up feeling surprisingly better, but later than usual, not being able to break his fast with his mother or sister. When he arrived at the dining hall where they usually break their fast, there was no one there but two maids. They whispered something when they saw him, and the the older and higher ranked maid congratulated him on the marriage, letting the prince now that the queen had made it public and official. Orya received the news the same way as Aemond, from a chambermaid that congratulated her. When she left her chambers, Aemond was already waiting for her with Alicent. The queen told them both about the dinner of celebration, telling them both to worry not a second more and that everything was settled. Both Alicent and Orya could tell the prince was doing much better in terms of health, and both felt a tremendous relief to see him finally recovering so well. The rest of the day was however spent in court duties, Alicent made sure Aemond would agree on it, because he needed to have the full approval of all the court, so the afternoon was spent talking with lords and ladies and receiving the good wishes of all of them, fortunately for them, the prince's convalescent state was the perfect excuse to not over do it and run away from it sooner than later.

This satisfaction however was not common among all. Otto Hightower still had a final move to settle his own claim. He wrote to lord Boros Baratheon, informing him of all the matters regarding prince Aemond and commanding him to bring at least one of his girls to court,in hopes to dissuade Aemond and Alicent. A betrothal was not a consummated marriage so there was still hope he could brake if off. Truth is, in the past, a marriage between one of the Baratheons was in sight for Aemond, but it never came to anything because the prospects of war seemed to ease and a proposal was never made. When lord Boros heard the reading of the letter (for that he was illiterate) he sent the servants to call for Cassandra Baratheon, his daughter, telling her "come child, you won't be queen, but maybe you can still be a princess. I hope you like a man with only one eye, I imagine he still has his full dick." Boros Baratheon was absolutely disproved of any kindness and delicacy, and he was aspiring to have lineage with royal blood, riders of dragons.

The small celebration comissioned by Alicent counted with the King and Queen, her sons and daughter, Otto, and a couple of other close members of the court. Orya dressed in a deep green shade, embracing the Hightower colors in hopes that perhaps that would further secure her position of being part of the family. Prior to the dinner, Alicent made sure that the king himself talked with Otto, ensuring that he would not be unpleasant or distasteful during the dinner, the match was settled, he should just accept it and celebrate it, especially because if anything it would further secure the peace with Dorne. Otto remained quiet and observant with a stoic expression not even pretending to be in the mood for celebration, but fulfilled his duty as hand and as family and said no word of unkind nature to the new couple to wed. However, he was just playing inside his head counting the hours for lord Boros Baratheon to arrive with his daughter.