Of care and love

During that night, Aemond meet Orya alone, they didn't want others to see them, but they also didn't wish to further settle terrible rumors of them. They sat by the yard, looking at starts above, sharing a huge blanket that Orya brought with her from Dorne. Orya was asking about his journeys with Vhagar wondering how it feels to ride such beast.
- Would you come with me one day? To ride Vhagar? - Aemond asked caressing her hand.
- Is that an option my prince?! Oh I... I would love that, yes! I hope I don't change my mind when it comes to it tho... - she was most excited for it, even fear couldn't detain her. She loved horses, but nothing could prepare her for the feeling of flying dragons, specially Vhagar.
- I'll take you there tomorrow then after... - Aemond stoped there, he was going to say after the duel with Daemon, but he didn't want Orya to worry, or to watch, or to prevent it. So he didn't mention it - after I deal with some stuff with Daeron, in the afternoon we sure have time for it - and so they settled it.
Orya however showed him some concerns that he thought had gone unnoticed during that day "Are you feeling ok your grace? I noticed you looking quite tired, even unwell" Aemond disregarded her worries, kissing her hands in his, and blaming it on all the social events of the present days. She didn't fully believe him, but could not demand him more than that.

When Aemond arrived in his chambers, he felt terribly tired, much more tired than what it was supposed. He had the duels in the morning but it was easier than some trainings with Cole and Orya. He thought maybe it was indeed the stress of the recent events, and the anxiety for the duel with Daemon, but he could tell his body was not in perfect health. He went to bed, hoping to feel better the next morning. But it was the opposite. Aemond woke up feeling very ill, actually, he had a terrible night, but didn't call anyone for fear of someone telling about it to his mother, sister or the Martells and not attending the duel. He was even paler than usual, if that was possible, he felt a heavy weight on his chest and on his heart and found it difficult to breathe. He was probably getting the same illness that had struck his brother and the other people in the realm, so he thought, he probably catch it when he went for Aegon at Flea Bottom. But there was no way he was missing his duel with Daemon, he would never admit to it, so he got ready and made his way.
- Almost thought you wouldn't come, nephew - Daemon said smiling, eager for the fight. It was just a duel, but it was always different when it was with his rival. They couldn't, however, inflict dangerous damages in his opponent, they didn't wish to unsettle the peace.
- Let's just get to it uncle.. - Aemond said in a low tone. Truth is he was feeling worse every passing minute, his skin was starting to burn in fever and his already compromised vision was blurry.
At first, Aemond struck his uncle with a passion and power that truly surprised him, he proved to be a difficult match. But he lost power after a while, the physical exertion he was demanding from his body worsened what he was feeling and after a while he started to not be able to dodge Daemon so easily, being affected by the striking in a way that was not typical of him.
- Not so strong after all nephew, you started well, but you're losing power! - Daemon felt something was off with his opponent, but kept with the fight, and Aemond kept trying to match him, and he could, for a while. But his chest was hurting too much from breathing, he felt like he had knives in his lungs, and his heart was irregular and going too fast. He stepped back from Daemon, with one hand holding his chest, not leaving the sword in the other, Daemon stopped the fight letting go of his weapon as soon as he saw Aemond really struggling to breath. It was not fair to fight with a man that was not in good health, and his nephew clearly wasn't.
- Common Aemond, what's wrong? I know you, you're not in health to fight, lets settle this another time, let's get back inside - in a couple of seconds, Aemond felt even worse, he mumbled something that Daemon could not understand, already kneeling on the ground, and lost consciousness after. Daemon secured him and carried Aemond inside the castle in his arms, laying him on his bed. He immediately called for the Maesters and Alicent, but decided to return to Dragonstone right after his nephew was attended and confirmed by the Maesters to have been stroked by the rat illness. He didn't want to be to blamed for something he was totally not responsible for. He had no idea Aemond was sick, otherwise he would have called it off.