Chapter 1

When Lu Rong was picked up from the bed, he was soundly asleep. Wang Tu dressed him, and he closed his eyes in a daze, raising his hand when asked.

    Wang Tu's movements were not as gentle as usual, and the sweater was pulled down hard on his head. Lu Rong's ears hurt from being hung, and he snorted twice in dissatisfaction.

    After putting on the sweater, he fell down on Wang Tu's shoulder and continued to sleep, allowing him to fiddle with his arms, with the rustling sound of down jacket rubbing in his ears.

    After zipping it up, he drooped his head and sat on the edge of the bed with his eyes closed, waiting for Wang Tu to twist a towel to wipe his face.

    But Wang Tu put a woolen cap and scarf on him directly, carried him out of the bedroom, and quickly went downstairs to the second floor.

    As the door opened, the howling wind brought snowflakes in, Lu Rong shivered, the drowsiness disappeared instantly, and he opened his eyes.

    The area directly in front of the courtyard of the house was illuminated, glowing with a pale light, while other places were hidden in darkness.

Wang Tu put him beside the driveway of the carved gate, and said in a low voice: "Stand here and wait for me, I'll drive."

    Lu Rong stood motionless, watching his white breath under the street lamp, a little Sleepy and a little excited.

    He had never been sent to kindergarten by Wang Tu before dawn, and he would definitely be the first child to arrive today.

    is number one.

    The family's black car stopped in front of him, the door opened, and Lu Rong climbed into the co-pilot.

    As soon as he sat firmly, the car rushed out. He leaned back and struggled to pull the seat belt to fasten it on himself.

    "Brother Tu, today I have to go earlier than the other children." Lu Rong swung his two legs hanging in the air back and forth, and patted the seat with his gloved hands, his tone full of complacency.

    Wang Tu did not respond as before, but drove forward in silence, exited the gate of the villa area, and drove onto the street.

    It was still dark, there were no pedestrians or vehicles on the road, and the area illuminated by the street lights was full of snow.

Lu Rong turned his head and breathed on the glass window, then took his hand out of the glove, and drew on it. There was an occasional noise as fingers rubbed against the damp glass.

    The black car was driving fast, and Wang Tu kept looking at the rearview mirror with a sullen face. Lu Rong has been drawing on the glass, not noticing that the rear has been shrouded in darkness.

It is different from the darkness in the middle of the night, without the light of street lamps or the faint outlines of houses. It is so thick that it is like the substance, without a trace of light.

    The black spread forward like a huge curtain, chasing the car, swallowing everything it passed, together with the stars in the sky.

Wang Tu stepped on the accelerator to the bottom, and the wheels rolled up a cloud of snow and fog. There was a pothole on the road ahead. He neither slowed down nor avoided, and drove directly over the pothole.

The vehicle bumped violently, and Lu Rong popped out of the seat and was buckled back into the seat back by the seat belt. He yelled happily and exaggeratedly: "Oh my ass." In the

    past, Wang Tu would always laugh when he put on such a tone and expression. But now he didn't say anything, just looked forward with a heavy face.