Chapter 2

Lu Rong wandered through the cobweb-like alleys and found the street after a long search. The streets were bustling with people coming and going, no different from usual.

    He walked to the place where Wang Tu had drawn a line with a bottle last night, and looked around blankly.

    There is nothing there, and there is no Wang Tu.

    The black car they drove was still parked on the side of the road. He walked over and stood on tiptoe to look inside. It was empty and there was no one there.

    He didn't know where Wang Tu had gone, and he couldn't stay in the trash can, so after thinking for a while, he could only stay by the car.

    It was already evening, and people from get off work hurried past him, and no one noticed the child. Even if he noticed, he thought his family was in the shop by the road.

    The days in winter are always short, it gets dark quickly and the street lights come on. Lu Rong was still squatting next to the car, looking longingly at the direction they came from.

    Whenever he saw a figure in a light beige down jacket, his eyes lit up, he stood up and ran over. After seeing the man's face clearly, he lowered his head in disappointment and walked back slowly.

He looked at his short shadow, and stepped on the pompom on top with his feet. Tears dripped on the snow, making shallow dimples.

    "He's just busy and won't throw you away." He whispered to his own shadow.

    On the way, he went back to the trash can twice. On the way, he imagined that Wang Tu was rummaging anxiously in the trash can. He decided not to say anything at that time, and walked over slowly when Wang Tu was so anxious that he was about to cry.

    But the imaginable scene never came true, Wang Tu still didn't see anyone, and he himself cried twice more.

    He was very hungry, and the smell of food wafted from everywhere, making him even more uncomfortable. It was snowing again in the sky. He walked to a noodle shop by the road and looked inside through the glass door.

    There was a little boy about his age sitting in the noodle restaurant. The bowl full of noodles was left on the table without moving, and he only pushed the toy car in his hand back and forth on the table.

    He raised his head inadvertently, and met Lu Rong outside the glass door.

The little boy made a grimace at Lu Rong, and as usual, Lu Rong would make a grimace back. But he is not in the mood now, so he just turned around and left the noodle shop silently.

    "Hey, kid."

    He heard a strange voice calling beside him, but he didn't realize it was calling himself, and continued walking towards the car with his head down.

    "Kid, kid." The man raised his voice and called twice in a row.

    Lu Rong stood still and looked over this time, only to see a middle-aged man with a beard standing under a tree waving to him.

    "Child, come here, uncle has something to do." The man said.

    Lu Rong walked over slowly and stopped in front of the middle-aged man.

    The middle-aged man stretched out his left hand, as if wanting to touch his head. He turned his head to one side, and the man's hand felt empty.

    The man didn't take it seriously, he smiled and stretched out his right hand behind his back, holding a paper bag, and handed it to Lu Rong.