Chapter 4

There was a smell in the cowshed, which was very unpleasant. Lu Rong curled himself up on the haystack, and his nasal cavity was full of the smell of vegetation, which made him feel a lot better.

He looked at the snowflakes flying outside and began to think about it.

The children in the kindergarten have all been taken home, and I don't know if Wang Tu has asked for leave for himself.If you don't ask for leave, the teacher will be angry.

He didn't think about whether he could go back to kindergarten. Just thinking of the teacher being angry, he was very anxious.

There were voices of speech and laughter in the distance, Lu Rong pricked up his ears to listen, and shrank himself into the haystack again.

At first, the group of children came back with the cattle, each carrying a large piece of ice with a hole in it, tied with a straw rope and eating while walking.

They stopped in front of the cowshed, waiting for the eldest child of the morning glory to send the cow in.As soon as the eldest child pushed open the fence, he stood still. The other children also stopped chirping and looked ahead stupidly.

Lu Rong was a little nervous. He was leaning on the haystack and wanted to sit up with his hands in a panic. As a result, the soft hay was not easy to hold, so he fell down and rolled around on the ground.

He hurriedly got up, stood up straight and looked at the group of children, holding his trouser legs tightly with both hands.

In the silence, the eight or nine-year-old child was the first to recover and asked Lu Rong, "Why are you in the bullpen?"What about the person carrying you on his back?"

He spoke in a dialect, and Lu Rong didn't understand it very well. He only heard the word bullpen clearly, so he whispered timidly: "I'll leave in a while."

"Didn't we see that person by the stream just now?He left alone."There are other children next to me who said to the eldest child.

"Yeah, yeah, I saw it too. He walked to the other side of the highway alone, probably going down the mountain."

"Why doesn't he bring this doll?Just leave it in the bullpen?"

The group of children yelled in a rush, all squeezed forward, lying on the wooden fence to look at Lu Rong, and the cows were all pushed aside.

Lu Rong didn't know what they were talking about, so he took a step back quietly, tripped over the haystack, and fell back and sat down.

The woolen hat slid to his face, he quickly pushed it up and put it on again.The two pompons tied to the top of the hat were loose, hanging on his face to block his eyes, and he poked the pompons to adjust his position.

The group of children seemed to see something interesting, and they all laughed loudly, staring at him for an instant.

Lu Rong was watched like this, and he didn't know what they were laughing at, so he was flustered and wanted to find a place to hide.But there was only this pile of hay in the bullpen, so he could only sit stiffly, his eyes starting to turn red.

The eldest child of the morning glory yelled at them, as if telling them not to make a noise, and everyone calmed down.

He turned his head again and asked again in non-standard Mandarin. "Why are you sitting in the bullpen?Did the person who was carrying you put you here just now?Where did he go?"

This time Lu Rong understood.

He didn't want to answer very much, but he was blocked by these people, and he was a little scared, so he whispered back: "He's gone, I came in by myself."