Headphones

As you return to the apartment you share with Jenna, you hum to yourself. You open the front door and take off your shoes. Typically Jenna would have tackled you with a hug by now, so you're confused when she doesn't appear.

"Baby? I'm back from the gym," you call out. You don't hear a response. You assume she had taken a nap which wouldn't surprise you with how hard she's been working on set recently.

As you walk to your bedroom, something in the living room catches your eye. You turn to the living room to see Jenna with her headphones on. Her eyes are closed as she dances and sings along to her music.

The sight instantly brings a smile to your face. You lean against the doorframe, watching her with a grin.

You thought she would feel your stare and open her eyes, but to your surprise, she keeps going, clearly enjoying herself.

You laugh softly as you walk up to her, gently wrapping your arms around her waist from behind, hugging her. She flinches at first until she realises it's you and pauses her music, taking off her headphones.

"Y/n? Darling, I thought you were still at the gym," she says as she turns around in your arms, cupping your face. She blushes as she looks at your smirk. "How much of that did you see?" she mumbles, embarrassed.

You chuckle before lifting her chin, making her look at you. "Enough to see that my beautiful girl is not only a talented actor but also a singer and dancer."

She groans before hiding her face in the crook of your neck. You laugh and kiss her shoulder, holding her in your arms.

"Ok, I'm gonna go shower now. I'm all sweaty from the gym, and you shouldn't be hugging me," you chuckle, kissing her cheek before trying to pull away.

She stops you, lifting her head from your shoulder to look into your eyes. You'd recognise that look anywhere, and you feel yourself smirk again.

"Let me join you?" she says in a low voice. You nod quickly and lift her in your arms, carrying her to the bathroom as she giggles at your excitement.

Total words: 367

A/N

This book reached #25 in the Jenna tag! Thank you to anyone who has read or voted ily ❤️