Valentine's Day

You walk into the room, looking around the seats to find your best friend.

You spot Conan near the back of the room, sending you a smile.

While you walk up to him, you make eye contact with your classmate, Jenna.

You send her a smile, and she returns it, which makes you happy.

Sitting down beside Conan, you see him grin at you.

"So you won't talk to her, but you'll send her awkward smiles as you pass by?" He asks.

You chuckle, pushing him playfully before sitting down. "I just haven't had the right chance to talk to her."

"Oh yeah, sure, it's not like she gives you plenty of opportunities or anything" he rolls his eyes.

Whilst you and Conan bicker near the back of the room, Olivia and Jenna are having a similar conversation not far from you.

"If you don't talk to her today, I'm asking her out. It's Valentine's Day, so it's a perfect time," Olivia challenges, hoping it would get Jenna jealous enough to make a move finally.

"Go for it", Jenna sighs, opening her notebook to doodle.

She hates to admit it, but she's terrified of being rejected. Y/n is by far the most gorgeous girl in their class, and Jenna can't help but want to be around her.

Aside from her good looks, she's kind and always willing to help Jenna if she's struggling with writing lyrics or finding a good melody for a song.

She doesn't hear Y/n sing often, but she's convinced it's her favourite sound in the world.

She's just so talented, and she-

"Jenna, snap out of it", Olivia whispers, nudging her side with an elbow.

Jenna looks around the room, and all eyes are on her.

She internally panics, looking towards the front of the room to see her lecturer leaning against her desk, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that, Miss Swift?" Jenna apologies.

The lecturer chuckles. "I told you all to call me Taylor, didn't I? You make me feel so old" The class laughs at her words.

"Jenna, I was asking you what is the average voice range of a soprano?" Taylor says, looking towards her again.

"Usually between a middle C and two octaves higher."

Taylor smiles. "That's right."

Jenna sighs in relief as she talks about the class topic today. She hears Olivia chuckling and glares at her.

"Daydreaming about Y/n again?"

Jenna rolls her eyes, focusing on the lesson.

Time skip

Everyone makes their way out of the classroom. Conan tells Y/n not to wait up for him as he approaches Olivia.

"Hey babe, how are you?" He smiles.

"God, don't even ask that. I still feel like shit from us drinking so much last night," she giggles, giving him a side hug.

"I have a favour to ask," Conan begins, looking towards Jenna, who's putting her headphones on and making her way outside.

"Go ahead," Olivia says, looking at him curiously.

"Is Jenna single?" He asks.

Olivia's face turns into a shocked expression before he adds, "I'm not the one interested, though."