Babysitting

Your aunt had asked if you and Jenna could babysit your baby cousin, Noah. He was only two years old, but you've babysat him before and were more than happy to help.

The last time you babysat Noah was before you and Jenna started dating, so she has only met him briefly.

It's Friday afternoon, and your aunt and uncle are at your place to drop off Noah. Jenna was staying over tonight and was more than happy to help you with him.

"Hi, buddy! You've grown so much since I last saw you" You smile, taking Noah in your arms and kissing his cheek. He giggles and hugs you close.

You hold him in your arms as you greet your aunt and uncle. Jenna does the same before looking at Noah with a smile.

"Hey, little man. We haven't met before. I'm Jenna" She holds her hand out for a high five. He squeals excitedly and gives her a high five.

You all speak briefly before your aunt and uncle head out. They explained that they'd return by the evening, and you nodded.

Noah waved to his parents as they drove away, and you took him back inside. You set him down on the couch next to Jenna and sit down beside him.

You expect Noah to be shy around Jenna and cling to you, but instead, he looks up at Jenna with a smile and opens his arms.

She laughs and picks him up onto her lap. She tickles him, and he shrieks, laughing loudly.

You watch Jenna laugh with Noah, and your heart swells. Your heart can't help but race at the thought of her with a child of your own one day. You've never seen her with a child before.

She notices you staring and flashes you a grin. "You ok, baby?" you nod, leaning over and kissing her softly. She smiles against your lips.

You both pull away with a laugh as you hear Noah giggling, looking at you.

"Are you hungry, bud?" you ask him, fixing his hair gently. He nods, mumbling, "Apple."

"Apples it is", you chuckle, taking him back into your arms and carrying him to the kitchen.

Jenna grabs a green and red apple and puts them before him. "Noah, which apple do you wanna eat?" He picks up the red apple, and she smiles, trying to take it back so she can cut it up for him.

He whines, shaking his head and holding the apple against his chest. You chuckle. "I guess you'll have to get another one."

The three of you sit down together, Noah on Jenna's lap and you beside her. You have your arm wrapped around her, and the three of you are watching cartoons, as chosen by Noah.

You watch him looking intently at the tv, a bowl of apple slices in his hand as he eats happily.

Jenna kisses your cheek, making you look over at her. She smiles softly, caressing your cheek with the hand not holding Noah.

"Why were you watching Noah and me so intensely earlier?" she whispers, not wanting to disturb Noah from his cartoons.

You blush, suddenly interested in your shirt, as you look down. She chuckles, tilting her head back up.

"I just didn't know you were so good with kids. It got me thinking about the future..." you whisper, trailing off.

"God, I love you", she whispers, leaning over to kiss you again. Before her lips could touch yours, Noah stirred in her arms. He yawns, rubbing his eyes and whining.

You check the time, nodding at Jenna. "Nap time" Just as she's about to stand up and take him upstairs, he crawls off her lap and lays beside her. He puts his head on the pillow and closes his eyes, starting to doze off.

You get up, grab a blanket and put it over him, kissing his forehead before sitting back beside Jenna.

She suddenly straddles your lap, cupping your face with a grin. "So, you were picturing me with our future child then, huh?" she whispers.

You nod, wrapping your arms around her waist, pulling her closer as you kiss her softly. She hums against your lips, kissing you back.

"I've thought about having kids with you, too baby" She presses her forehead against yours, smiling.

You smile back, hugging her tightly. You both turn to watch Noah sleeping peacefully, excited to watch your future kid someday.

Total words: 737

A/N

Idk how I feel about this one. It seems so messy. 4.43K reads and 165 votes ily guys 😭