Photobombs With The Ring

You finally found it.

The perfect ring.

You admire it in the small black box it sits in.

You take a picture of it, sending it to your parents and Jenna.

Once you send the photo, you lock your phone, excited to head home to your girl.

Opening the front door, you walk into the kitchen of your shared home.

You put the grocery bags onto the kitchen counter.

You hear footsteps from your bedroom and turn around to see Jenna grinning at you.

"Hi baby!" she moves to hug you tightly.

"Hello darling", you smile, kissing her forehead and holding her in your arms.

"How come you took so long at the store?" she asks, pecking your lips before pulling back.

Shit. You're a pretty great liar, but not when it comes to Jenna.

"It was surprisingly busy today", you shrug, kissing your cheek.

You're afraid she'll question you further, but she nods and grabs your hand.

"Come cuddle with me," she says, pulling you to your bedroom.

You panic internally. You have a small black box in the back pocket of your jeans.

You both lay down on the bed. Jenna has her arm around your waist and her head on your shoulder.

She kisses your cheek softly, mumbling, "Why are you so tense, my love?"

You shake your head, hiding a grimace at the small box digging into your backside.

"Just some work stuff. Nothing important," you reply, smiling at her.

"Wanna watch a movie to get your mind off it?" she asks, moving her hand to hold your cheek.

You nod, leaning forward to kiss her softly.

You can't wait to marry her. She's the most caring person you know.

After about 20 minutes of watching the movie, Jenna is already asleep in your arms.

Relieved you can now move to hide the ring, you take it out of your back pocket.

An idea then hits you.

You open the ring box and place it on Jenna's arm, taking a picture with a smile.

From then on, you decided to see how many times you could take a picture or video with Jenna while the ring was in it.

Surprisingly, you managed to get a bunch of pictures of you and Jenna in different places.

You had so many you decided to print them off, making a photo book you would give her the day you proposed.

You knew exactly how you wanted to propose to her.

The two of you met while she was filming a movie in Canada.

You were hired as one of the costume designers for the movie, so you and Jenna ended up spending a lot of time together on set.

You didn't start dating until you worked together on a movie the second time.

From then on, the two of you found success in your industries and continued your relationship.

Four years later, you wanted nothing more than to ask her to marry you.

You're back in Canada, working together on her new movie as you did all those years ago.

Between shooting the movie, you and Jenna spent as much time as you could together.

On the last day of shooting, the two of you took a hike in the Banff National Park in Alberta.

You packed the ring box, the photo book you made in your backpack, along with essential supplies.

After a while, you both found a flat rock you could rest at.

Since Jenna was in charge of the snacks, you watched her dump the contents of her backpack between you.

You chuckle, giving her an amused look. "Think we've got enough between us?"

She rolls her eyes playfully. "You always steal my snacks, so I ensured you'd have enough this time."

You grin, kissing her cheek. "You're the best baby."

She smiles, putting her arm out to you. "Feel this jacket."

You look at her confused but put your hand on her arm anyway.

She smirks. "Feel that? That's wife material right here."

You feel your smirk appearing. She just made this much easier for you.

She watches you curiously as you open your backpack.

Taking out the photo book, you hand it to her. "Go ahead, look through it," you say, smiling.

You watch her open the photo book, her eyes widening as she looks at the pictures.

The both of you are at the beach, on set shooting a movie, at dinner with your friends, and driving to see her parents.

She flicks through countless photos, each one including the same small black box you're holding right now.

Her eyes well up with tears as she gently closes the photo book and looks at you.

You give her a bright smile, opening the small box to reveal the very same ring that photobombed your pictures for months.

You take her hand in yours, giving it a soft kiss.

"My love, we've been together for over four years now. You are a genuine, kind and beautiful soul. I couldn't even begin to explain how happy you've made me. I am privileged enough not only to call you mine but to be able to watch you work. Across everything I've worked on, I do not doubt that the first project we did together is the one I cherish most. You're incredibly talented, and I'm so thankful we met that day. I love you so much, yet somehow, you make me fall more in love with you as each day passes."

Both of you have tears falling down your cheeks, and you take a deep breath before asking.

"Jenna Marie Ortega, will you marry me?"

She nods quickly, pulling you into a long kiss. You wrap your arms around her, caressing her sides as her arms wrap around your neck.

You pull back for a moment, reaching into your backpack again to grab a packet of tissues.

"Had a feeling we would need them", you chuckle. She laughs softly as you hold her chin gently, wiping away her tears. She does the same to you, making you smile softly.

You take her hand, finally slipping the ring onto her finger. She admires it for a few seconds before she looks up at you.

Cupping your face, she says, "I love you so much. I can't wait to marry you, baby."

You kiss her again, smiling. "Neither can I."

She moves to sit in between your legs with her back to your front. You kiss her shoulder, wrapping your arms around her.

She grabs the photo book again and looks through the pictures. You rest your chin on her shoulder and look at her.

You spend the next few hours relishing in each other's presence, talking excitedly about your wedding and the future.

Total words: 1.1K

A/N

Hello everyone! I hope this one is to your liking :)

It was inspired by that news story of the guy who took photos with his girlfriend and the ring he would propose with and I thought it was so cute.

Here's the link if you want to watch:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0K46tAmaWY

287K reads and 9.91K votes. Thank you so much ❤️