Chapter-13: Bridge Case

I woke up with a loud pounding on my head, did I just bang my head and make myself blind? A bright light was coming through a window making me roll on the other side.

Wait a minute

I'm in a bed, my bed. What happened last night? I roll to the other side to found a cold bed.

"Kristen" I whisper

I remember her sad eyes, they were the last thing I saw before everything went blank.

I move so fast, white-hot pain shooting at my head and I hiss in pain and lay down back.

"Kristen" I called out her name again. She supposes to take a midnight flight. Fuck what if she didn't make herself leave. I'm sure I saw her last night.

Oh. My. God

We are at a Blackbird bar having drinks when Mike ditch me for a random girl. Someone split their drink on me.

fuck!!!

What happened?

I barely make out a picture of Sebel asking me for my address.

Then saw a note and a glass of water with medicine on the side table.

"Good morning, love didn't want to wake you up. I just let you know I was going on a business trip with Mike and won't be able to come for a week. My father wants my presence there , i hope you didn't mind"

That was strange she never go a whole week without me. I look for my phone and found it on the table.

I saw Miss called from an unknown number and ignore it. I dial her number it goes to voicemail same as Mike.

I take a deep breath and send a message to call me back as soon as possible and make my way to shower.

After making myself a decent human being I left for work. On my way to my office, I notice very stress, Harper.

"Harper, can you bring me a coffee? I'll be in my office" I smiled and made my way to the office.

"Ms Evans" a calm husky voice called me but I ignored it. I shut the door with a sigh, it's too early to face her. First I cry on her shoulder and next, she found my drunken ass.

What a great picture for someone who you just meet. I have to make peace with it she lost her memory for good if it included me too. It's time for me to move on to give honest thought of my future with Kristen. I have to bury my feelings from the bottom of my heart. A knock pulls me out of my thought.

"Come in"

"Harper, did you know which flight Mike or Kristen travel" I take a coffee mug for her. "They both left early in the morning, Ms. Walter was supposed to take the midnight flight but she change her schedule at the last moment. You need anything else, Olivia" She smiled

I met Harper at a university we both have the same classes. She was easy to talk so we make fast friends. I prefer her to call me Olivia but she insists to called Ms Evans when we talk in public.

"So, how is Peter," I asked while taking a sip of coffee.

She marry two years ago to the love of her life Peter. He was a smart guy with old money but know to respect a woman.

"He is good, actually we are trying to conceive. Maybe I'll tell you some good news soon" A pink shade covered her cheeks.

"I'm happy for you, Harper" She looks excited. I can't help but though would Kristen wants kids with me someday, we never talk about it.

"Olivia, don't overthink, You both will make great parents some Day" With that she makes her way to the door.

"How do you know what I was thinking," I asked.

"I know you far way too long" With that she slips out of the room.

-------------------_------------------------------

Sebel

I can't get much sleep last night because of a nightmare, it didn't help that Ethan and I have a stupid argument last night. I didn't usually have nightmares but it will visit if something tiger my memory or I was stressed out.

I didn't know why he was upset about the whole bar thing, we just trying to help. We didn't talk much because he goes to bed early without me. When I asked him about it he brush it off, So I drop it too.

We are working on a new article. A seventh-year-old girl try to kill herself by jumping off the bridge two nights before. She lost her whole family in the car crash but was luckily saved by somebody. We didn't have much information not even her name. it's almost a lunch time when I grab my empty mug and make my to Harper's desk.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Walter"

"Harper, Did you now where is Ethan Henson. He's new journalist, I didn't saw him on his desk" I asked . "A team went to collect more information on bridge case, he was on a team" she smile. He didn't tell me about it, I can't help but feel hurt. " Thank you Harper, can you send him to my office when he come back" she give a apologetic smile and nod.

I can't focus on work after, it bothers me to no end. He always told me when he goes outside for work. He never fails to mention to me at lest once massage me if he was going to be late. Maybe he was in harry and forget to inform me but it was past a office hours he didn't pick up my calls. I was about to go crazy when someone knock on my door.

"come in" Ethan closed door behind him.

"Where were you, you didn't pick up my calls" he take a sat the cough and mention me to sat beside him. " I'm sorry I was stuck on work" he lose his tie and release a deep breath. "how it's goes" the look on his face tell it didn't go according to plane. "they didn't let as talk to victim, i don't know , maybe someone form higher chair make sure we didn't get a direct connect with her" i take his hand at mine and make a small circle on his palm.

"Hey don't steers your'e self out we well find a way" he stare at me. " You know you can asked me. I know something is bothering you since lasts night, We both in this for life" I motion to our joint hand, he smile and shift his body to face me. "I didn't like the way Ms. Evans look at you , I know she was engaged but I didn't like her near you" Suddenly I feel weird and shift a little away form him."Look I didn't want to make you uncomfortable I know people like her, they will make you feel spacial for there own good. Did you remember that lady on hospital" he's right in hospital a woman around mid-thirty was too nice to be good but in the end she was try to sell out my story to people. "I'm not try to tell you, she was a bad person but don't make her fool you. We still didn't find your life before accident. We both know there a possibility someone try to make you fall form a hill , so try to stay careful around people, we are still in dark, okay" I nod.

When I woke on hospital bed I only talk to Ethan about what I remember because he's easy to talk and make sure I was comfortable around him all the time. After hearing my story he dig on past life but only found my name from market bill and possibility that maybe it was not a accident after all because no one come to find me in two moths. So, I left with him for good.

"I'll be careful" he nod.

I can't help but feel dead inside my stomach but ignore it. He was only one who help me without a gain in the end.