A Contract Returns

Masaaki hadn't seen Engel for about 4 years, since he'd helped the violinist on the streets of Japan.

Engel Julian Trimme was a graceful boy even with his slim figure hidden by his white hoodie. He had short blond hair with a white streak down the side. His boots were also white contrasting his black pants. He always carried a white backpack with angel wings. His ice blue eyes were narrow, usually... annoyed.

Now however he looked even more annoyed than usual looking over his shoulder. "Damn papparazi," he muttered annoyedly.

"Jeez..." Masaaki agreed as they finally found a quiet corner. "You never told me you were that famous Engel-san..."

Engel snorted. He explained, "It's nice to interact with someone who isn't gonna ask for my autograph."

Masaaki chuckled. He admitted sheepishly, "That's not something I can relate to. I hope you have a way of getting those people to not tail you- I thought of a lot of things we could do here! You like sweet treats right?"

"...Masaaki."

"Yeah?"

"Did you get a pet cat?"

Masaaki looked at Kuro who was perched on his shoulder. He laughed a little awkwardly and replied, "Uh... yeah you can say that."

"...can I hold him?"

Masaaki was dumbfounded but then he chuckled. He remarked, "That's right... I forgot how much you like animals." He asked Kuro, "Is it okay if Engel-san holds you for a bit?"

He wasn't sure if the look Kuro gave him was annoyed or accepting, but Kuro didn't scratch him or struggle when Masaaki handed him to Engel.

Engel's eyes sparkled as he petted Kuro's fur. He murmured, "There there... such..."

Not noticing Engel had trailed off mid-sentence, Masaaki asked, "Do you have a pet Engel-san?"

No reply.

"Engel-san?"

"Ah? Uh... what was... the question?"

"Do you have a pet?"

Engel shook his head. He explained, "Clement doesn't think... it's a good... idea. What with... all the traveling..."

Engel suddenly flinched closing his eyes and hissing.

"...Engel-san?"

"Ah... don't worry about it Masaaki," Engel replied. "Just another one of those... stupid... I'll just take some-"

Engel'd only just put Kuro down when a curtain of blood red rose around them, causing all the buildings and people nearby to vanish from sight.

"...eh?"

"Such a pain..."

Kuro had transformed.

"Huh?" Engel questioned pointing at Kuro. "Where did he come from?"

"Ah haha... it's too complicated to explain now Engel-san," Masaaki dismissed. He asked, "Kuro? Do you know what this is?"

"...it means we should've stayed inside today," Kuro replied. He stood up properly. "Let's get out of-"

"EH HEHEHE!! Slow your roll there Sloth! At least let me say hello!!"

A man appeared. His hair was light caramel brown on the left and ink black on the right, the brown side flowing down to his waist. His eyes were a startling pink color. He wore a fancy blood red suit. He had weirdly inhuman features such as the brown curved demon horns and fangs.