Greed's Awakening

Licht Jekylland Todoroki had never felt such a big headache in his life.

Looking at the whole picture it probably wasn't only his head. It was probably also his back... his feet... his shoulders... and a little of his knees...

...yeah maybe there were more problems than his head right now.

"You're up are you?"

Hyde was sitting in the corner. His head was bowed, his arms folded and his legs crossed but his crimson eyes glared over the rim of his glasses.

"...Hyde," Licht muttered.

"Engel," Hyde greeted.

...huh?

"Oi. Shit rat," Licht snapped. "My head is hurting like fucking hell I am not in the mood to play any games."

Hyde raised his eyebrows and looked at him. He questioned cooly, "All I did was say your name?"

"Fuck off," Licht retorted his patience running like sand in an hourglass. "My name is Licht Jekylland Todoroki you damn shit rat... how the hell did you get to "Engel"? Have you finally lost your fucking marbles?"

Hyde didn't reply. He just stared at Licht his jaw on the floor like a gaping fish, shock clear in his crimson eyes.

"...what is it now?"

"EH?!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN EH?! I'VE BEEN YOUR EVE FOR..."

Licht paused. He remembered the day Hyde'd contracted him as clear as day, he remembered the other eves and servamps, he remembered the war with Tsubaki beginning and ending...

...why couldn't he remember how much time had passed?

Licht shook himself and continued, "YOU REMEMBER ALL YOUR OTHER EVES'S NANES HAVE THE DECENCY TO REMEMBER MINE!!"

"Li- Licht-tan!! Is it... do you...?!"

Licht frowned as Hyde kept stammering for words. He asked, "Do I what? Out with it shit rat- and tell me what's landed me here while you're at it, I don't remember-"

"Quick!! Tell me- what does my headspace look like?! Tell me how you got us outta it to fight Higan!!"

"...okay 1, why and 2, how detailed do you want me to be?"

"JUST TELL ME!!"

Licht was more confused than annoyed by now, but he replied, "It looked like an empty theater. You were grieving when you pulled me in and showed me your past in the form of a play. I summoned a piano and started playing which turned you from a yellow blob thing to yourself-"

"ANGEL-CHAN!!"

"HYDE WHAT THE HELL?!"

Hyde had suddenly launched himself at Licht. The pianist could feel him shaking as he pulled Licht into a tight hug. He nuzzled Licht's chest and mumbled into his hoodie, "Oh god Angel-chan... my Licht-tan... you're here you're back I can't believe it!!"

Licht didn't know how to react- Hyde seemed weirdly serious. Licht hesitantly hugged Hyde back and ran a gentle hand through his servamp's hair, like he was comforting-

...what the hell am I DOING?!

"Licht-tan I missed you so much-"

"Get- GET OFF ME SHIT RAT!!"

Licht kicked Hyde into the wall.

Hyde surprisingly didn't seem upset. In fact he laughed and sang cheerfully, "I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I missed that! Guess I've come to think of shit rat as an affectionate nick-"