The Angel's Guardian

Inside a white crystal ball, a boy was really fucking tired.

He had been so close. So damn close it was infurating. Why the hell did this violinist have to be so damn stubborn?! He'd been kicking and screaming to get out for 18 fucking years wasn't that enough?! What damn else could he do here except kick and scream?!

He sighed, watching the screen in front of him for any sign of a certain boy with blond hair and glasses.

Hyde... come on... where the hell did you go? I need your help we were so close last time... closer than I've ever gotten on my own...

Nothing.

...stupid shit rat.

The insult had way less bite than he was used to.

~○●○~

Engel recited the lie in his head over and over again.

He needed to lie to Clement. He couldn't tell him about the contract, about servamps, about Hyde. It was too dangerous for a human.

I'm gonna figure out my ancestry. I wanna know where I'm from. The DNA sample'll go to an ancestry la-

The sound of footsteps made Engel jump a foot in the air. He looked around but there was no one.

Not even Hyde.

Engel hadn't seen the vampire since telling him to shut it. He wasn't sure if he appreciated it or not- on one hand it was great not having to deal with the "Licht-tan" and "Angel-chan" that gave him a fucking headache. But on the other, he still felt off for bursting Hyde's bubble like that. And...

Why did he kinda miss the guy...?

"Engel~!"

Engel jumped and turned.

Standing behind him was a man with a high blond ponytail. He wore a dark blue suit, gray pants white gloves and smart black slipons. His eyes were green warm and friendly.

Engel sighed. "Clement," he greeted.

His manager chuckled good naturedly. He folded his arms, giving Engel an amused smile. He observed, "You seem distracted Engel~"

"Shut up Clement."

Another chuckle. Clement wrapped an arm around Engel's shoulders and suggested, "Let's get you to bed shall we? An angel needs his rest after all~"

"Clement I'm not 5."

"Of course of course~"

Engel said nothing else as Clement escorted him down the corridor and to his bedroom. He knew he needed to say something- why was this hard? It was a request- a lie for his manager's good while forwarding progress...

He gathered his courage just before Clement left for the night.

"Night-"

"Before you leave Clement..."

"Hm?" Clement questioned, stopping at the doorframe and looking at Engel sitting in his bed.

Come on Engel- now or never, Engel reminded himself. He asked, "Could I give researchers my DNA?"

"..."

"..."

Clement sighed and stood leaning against the doorframe. He asked, "What are you up to now huh?"

"I... wanna send it to an ancestry lab. You know I've never known my parents, I wanna at least know where I'm from."

Engel was surprised how smoothly the lie had came out. He hated lying but... it was for the best.