The News

(Y/n's POV)

"You can't make me marry him!" I yelled at my parents. Well, adoptive parents. They adopted me when my parents died and adopted Harumi.

"We can and we are. Listen Y/n, you two are some of the most powerful people in Ninjago. You are the princess, the heir of the throne. And he is the Green Ninja, a powerful young man-"

"I don't give a shit if he's the Green Ninja. Just because he is a hero doesn't mean that everyone likes him. Plus, what do you think he'll think when he finds out I'm half Oni?

"Oh! The princess, the heir to the throne, is an Oni? That is a bad image for us. What about the children? They'll be half Oni, people will hate them. Unless they hide who they truly are behind a mask.

Perfect Princess or prince. Not knowing who they truly are. Hiding the fact they're half Oni and have elemental powers! I'm done talking about this." I said and walked over to my room.

"Fuck this. Why me?!"

(Lloyd's POV)

"What?!" We all said

"The emperor and empress want an arranged marriage between Lloyd and their oldest daughter. " Sensei Wu said. I could tell that he didn't want that.

"But, but what if I don't want to do that?" I asked and Sensei sighed.

"Neither do I. But unfortunately we do have to listen to them. They want to have dinner with us tomorrow night. Don't do anything wrong."

"I'm sorry Lloyd. I tried to reason with them but they wouldn't hear it." My mom said and I nodded at her, understanding.

"Yes sensei." We all said. We walked away and went to our room.

"Man, that's crazy. An arranged marriage?" Cole said and leaned on the wall.

"Yeah. And with the princess of all people. How do you feel about it Lloyd?" Kai asked and I looked at them.

"Bad. I really don't want to do this. But if she's nice then I'm fine with it. I'll find a way to love her eventually." I said and Nya walked up to me.

"Well. No doubt she'll love you back. Sure you both might be forced into this but you're the Green Ninja! What's there not to love?" She said and I smiled at her.

"Well. I'm going out for a walk. See you guys." I said and left.

(3rd POV)

Y/n walked around Ninjago city with a hood on. She found a clear spot with no people around and took it off.

"I hate this. Why me?!" She said and her eyes turned purple. Horns grew out of her head and she turned into an Oni.

Well... Half.

She didn't turn into a full Oni. But it was still there. The Oni power.

Lloyd heard someone scream and he ran towards the noise. He saw Y/n not knowing it was her.

"What the-"

"I hate this! Why does it have to be me?! Why why why?!" She said and threw a purple ball of fire to where Lloyd was. He jumped out of the way.

She saw that someone jumped out of the way. Her breath hitched and she went back to her human form and immediately left.

He didn't see how she looked like.

"What the-? Where did they go?" Lloyd said and decided to go back home.

"Hutchins! I'm really sorry. I just needed to take a breath." He heard a female voice say he slowed down.

"Princess Y/n. It is not safe to be out here at this time." Hutchins said

"Oh? And who said that? My parents? Isn't the Green Ninja my future husband? Shouldn't they trust him that if any of the Ninja hear a cry for help they'll help?" She asked and crossed her arms.

"Well yes but-"

"Let's just go home. I'm tired and don't want to hear it." Y/n said and allowed Hutchins to guide her.

"She'll see that she can trust me. I can tell that she doesn't like me. Well tomorrow I'll change that." Lloyd said to himself and ran back to the bounty.

When he got to the bounty they were going to start eating. He sat down and they all ate in silence.

"Lloyd. Are you okay with the marriage?" Asked Misako.

Lloyd signed and looked at her. "I have no choice do I? Might as well accept the fact that I'll get married." He said and the Ninja sighed in relief.

"Good. I thought you might run away the day of the wedding." Kai said jokingly.

(Y/n's POV)

Hutchins led me into the castle. I groaned when I saw my parents.

"Y/n what were you thinking? Something could've happened to you." Dad said and I sighed.

"Well, nothing happened right? Why do you guys worry so much about me? I can take care of myself." I said and crossed my arms.

"We know you can take care of yourself. But we're worried about what people might do when they find out about your powers." Mom said and I stared at the ground.

"You're right about that. But I'm fine! I know how to handle swords, how to fight. I just need to learn how to properly control my Oni side." I said and looked at them.

"Look, about the marriage. You have to do it. For our family. He might not be royalty but he is a powerful person. He's going to be even more powerful if he becomes prince and when it's your turn to take over the throne at least we'll know that there are two powerful people in charge." Dad said and I sighed.

"Alright. I'll do it. But that doesn't mean that I'm fond of the fact." I said and they nodded.

"Thank you, Y/n. They'll be coming over tomorrow for dinner. I expect that you'll be on your best behavior." Mom said and I nodded.

I walked to my room and when I closed the door my eyes turned purple.

"They're going to regret this eventually."