3

I walk inside the house. I tried to turn on the lights but we don't have electricity. My home situation was not great. Actually it's really bad. We have or well had a dog. He was always left out in the back yard. One day we forgot about him. The next year I found him dead. I was only 7. That was a great year for me. My parents are broke. No money. No that's a lie, no money for me or the house. They never paid the bills, they don't care about wether I'm feed or not. I'm surprised we still have a house, that they still have me.

I walk pass the living room. My mom and dad were fighting over something and both their "friends" that they brought over were making out. I didn't want to even think about what had happened. I just went to my room.

My room was small but nice. I had a bunk bed and tv. The walls were yellow with very stained carpet. I had no closet so a dirty dresser off the street will work. I had a big book shelf filled with books. I had a desk with a computer I only used for reading and homework. The bottom bunk was for any guests the top was mine.

The bunk was old and unsafe. I had to make a railing out of cardboard boxes. Even then I could fall off. I get on my computer and look though the Kindle app for some new books. Rights as I open a book I hear something that catches my attention.

It was my parents. They were trying to prove a point about me being asleep. I knew if I was not asleep I would be in trouble. So before I could change I turned off the computer and ran to my bed. I pulled the covers over me just in time.

"See I told you she was asleep!" Daddy yelled
"Great so she didn't hear did she?" Mommy asked though I didn't quite understand
"No she did not hear we're expecting!" Daddy yelled again I don't know what expecting means
"Well with that voice she sure will know I'm pregnant!" Mommy yelled

  I relaxed a bit now knowing what they meant. That as until it got me. A baby, no way mommy's having a baby. That child is going to get killed. And I can't have that. Soon though I forgot about the child. I was my eyes get heavy and I fall asleep.