Chapter 2

"UGH!" Spider-man groaned as he picked himself from the rubble. ~Leave it to me to go from a nice visit with Wanda to attempting to stall Abomination.~ Spider-sense blaring, he back flipped over a hurled taxicab. "Well, I guess yellow is not your weakness." ~I have got to fight smarter. I'm not sure when back-up will get here. Hmm, perhaps a little dip will cool him off.~ Leaping over another piece of flying debris, Spider-Man takes care aim and fires a pair of web bullets into the exposed gills on Blonsky's neck. ~Here's hoping that this works.~ "Hey, Blonsky. Want to help me rehearse Swan Lake?"

"You annoying arachnid. I WILL CRSUH YOU!" The Abomination completely forgot about attempting to clear his tender gills of the webbing. Instead the brute charged, intent on reducing the wallcrawler to a red and blue smear on the pavement.

"Finally, a villain gets it right and it's one of Hulk's sparring partners." Spidey quipped as he readied the next part of his pain. Palming two Hulk-Strength webbing capsules the Wallcrawler waits to the last moment to move. Flipping over Abomination he hurls one capsule at the lumbering brutes head and the other at the back of the knees. In a split second Abomination is covered in thick webbing. ~That will only last a minute, better act fast.~ Sending out a web line Spidey snags the cocoon and using every bit of strength has hurls him into harbor. "And what do the judges say? Oh my, obviously the Russians were not impressed."

"Well the Russians might not be, Webs, but I thought that was perfect." Benjamin Grimm, otherwise known as the Thing landed on the already ruined pavement with a loud thud. "Ya know he's got gills, right?"

"Yes, but I clogged them. If we are at all lucky, he'll be in Suspended Animation before he can get out of that webbing." Spider-man nodded as he saw the Fantasticar carrying Reed and Sue followed by Johnny coming in. "Well, glad you guys could make it. Sue, you think you could lift our buddy Blonsky out of the harbor before something eats him?"

Whatever response Sue had was interrupted by the arrival of several Humm-Vee bearing the insignia of the Hulkbuster units. It doesn't take a genius to understand that General Ross was going to bulldoze his way into taking Abomination away. Already soldier were piling out of vehicles carrying heavy weapons powerful enough to give even Ben pause.

"Your Country thanks you, but we'll taking it from here." As predicted the Thunderbolt Ross assumed the Fantastic Four and Spider-man would just step out of his way. When none of them budged, mostly because they knew that Ross hated Abomination more than he hated the Hulk. "Are we going to go through this every time? Fine, I am here as part of the United States Army to detain Emil Blonsky until a treatment for his condition can be found. Killing him would be a waste of resources, no matter how satisfying it would be personally."

"Your call, Spider-man." Reed Richards shrugged as he really had no investment in this. He knew the Wall Crawler was loathe to trust the military, but Ross had never lied to them before. When the man was going to screw you over he told you right to your face.

"You can have him." Spider-man said after several tense seconds. "The Raft is secure, but I'd rather not test the theory that it could hold everyone. Now if you will excuse me, it has been a long day. Your friendly neighborhood Spider-man is heading home."

With only a nod of acknowledgement, General Ross began directing his troops in securing the Abomination. Something he pointedly did not accept any help for. Of course, nobody was really offering help either as none of the FF could stand the General.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

"Ah, Home Sweet Home." Peter Parker announced more to himself than anyone else as he slipped in the window. He'd been doing well enough lately that he finally had an apartment with it's own bathroom. Walking to his fridge he pulled out a carton of milk, and sniffed. ~Still good.~ He then began chugging the half gallon. Setting it down, he let out a small belch. "Excuse me."