Chapter 10

Peter knew he was in for some moderate levels of pain the moment the words left his mouth. He didn't need spider-sense screaming at him to let him know that. Still it blared just before he felt the two not so gentle punches to his shoulders. These were followed by a telekinetic slap to the back of his head and then a second. This was followed up by the improbability of the coffee table slamming into his shins and then a force bubble hitting him in the same spot. All in all he was grateful that it was only bruises he received. That was until he saw Amora's glare.

"Husband, you will not denigrate your worthiness in our eyes again." Amora stated with the same coldness that made Jutonheim such a terrible place to visit, let alone live. "Each of us loves you in our own way. It may not be fully romantic love for a few of us, but for the rest of us we see no future with any man, save you."

"But…"

"Shut it, Webhead." Carol hissed. "It's hard enough thinking I have to share you. At least do me the favor of not trying to convince me to leave." Pausing for a moment she leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Not that you could."

"But…"

"Peter, we're not going to budge." Jessica added in. "You can doubt yourself all you want, but don't you dare doubt what we feel for you."

"But…"

"You're the same no matter what world you're from." Elizabeth shook her head and smiled. "Always self-sacrificing. That's fine. It's one of many things that is so lovable about you. Just don't force us to sacrifice what we want just because you don't think you're worth it."

"But…"

"No buts, Peter. You have always put others ahead of yourself, and we know that will never stop." Jean cut Peter off using a bit of telekinesis to simulate a finger shushing him. "Well, we're those others now."

"But…"

"Don't make me bend reality to chain you to a bed so we can have our way with you." Wanda smirked as she saw Peter go completely wide-eyed with that comment. "This was not a lightly made decision. We could have just all backed off and been miserable…well everyone but me and Amora…but we decided we're all going to be a bit greedy and grab happiness by the reins and hold on tight."

"But…"

"Peter, it's obvious they are all crazy about you. Trying to convince any of them that they 'could do better' is not much different than rejecting them." Susan added in before Peter could get even another word out. "Now, it's unconventional, but if they're happy and they make you happy, then nothing is wrong. And don't worry, Laura and I will be around so you can talk to a few girls not trying to get in your pants."

~Who are you trying to convince that you don't want in his pants?~ Jean sent to the Invisible Woman.

~I'm not trying to convince anyone, Jean. I have a marriage to mourn. I need some time.~ Susan shot back. ~Besides, Do or Do not, there is no try.~

"But…"

"Your arguments have already been negated Peter. Resisting the advances of the others will solve nothing and only hurt them." Laura's matter of fact tone almost made Peter flinch. "I do not wish to hurt you, but the familial bond would require me to if my sister were heartbroken by you."