Chapter 7

"Uhm…that wasn't intentional was it?" Jessica asked the only question that could pop to her mind that the moment. Well, there were more, but that was the most important.

"No, definitely not. I was merely trying to scry for a possible compatible partner." Wanda explained. "Someone who was Telepathic, attracted to Peter, and willing to enter polyamorous relationship with us. Something shorted out in the Probability Matrix and changed the meaning of a few runes."

"Parker Luck." Carol pinched the bridge of her nose as she took a wild stab at what happened. "You're practically married to nexus of weird luck for the universe. My guess is she is a perfect fit but was A) In another universe, B) About to die, or given Parker Luck C) Both."

"I had forgotten how fickle the universe is with him." Wanda sighed. Taking a moment to more carefully examine Elizabeth she finally recognized her by the tattoo over her left eye. "This is Psylocke. Or at least a Psylocke, I don't remember her costume being a corset, skirt, fishnets and goggles."

"Psylocke? The X-men's telepathic ninja?" Jessica's eye widened as she racked her memory. "Oh this will definitely be interesting. I've seen her fight, she's damn good. I hope she wakes up in a good mood then. I hate fighting telepaths. Usually you can take them hand to hand, but with her that isn't guaranteed."

😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙

"Reed, amends must be made for last night." Susan Richards practically purred as she entered Reed's lab wearing nothing more than a garter belt, fishnets and stiletto heels. She had gotten Ben to take the children to visit the Xavier Institute. Johnny and Wanda were God knows where indulging one of Wanda's fantasies. She was going to enjoy this afternoon with her husband.

"Amends for last night? You didn't do anything wrong." Reed replied almost mechanically as he was filling out another set of equations. "I thought about it and going to help Spider-man was indeed to correct decision, despite the fact he handled it alone. The Abomination could have damaged the lab in a rampage and that delay would have been far greater than tagging along." Reed did not actually believe any of that. He just wanted to placate Sue so she would leave him alone. He hadn't even looked in her direction to respond to her. "So no need to apologize."

"No, Reed, you need to apologize for not coming to take care of me." Sue ground out.

"Oh…that…I was not in the mood, Susan." Reed replied still not looking at her as he corrected a few symbols.

"You have not been 'in the mood' for a year, Reed. Toys only go so far." Susan ground out, clearly not happy with that response. Until last year they'd had a very active sex life, as Reed's appetite matched hers. Then it just suddenly stopped. "That isn't normal for men, period."

"No, I have not. I am not exactly normal." Reed replied as if it explained everything.

"And I loved that about you, Reed." Sue replied grabbing a lab coat as she was no longer near the mood herself. "Lately however it has been harder and harder to love you. You have been becoming increasingly distant to our allies, our friends, our children and finally me. What has gotten into you?"

"I have been prioritizing everything, Susan." Reed replied as he continued to write, still not looking at her. "I have been focusing on what is important. My theories will reshape the world forever. Forgive me if improving mankind is wrong."