Chapter 8

You know when you said there was this club we just had to go to. I thought you meant a great party!" Johnny Storm was wreathed in his customary flames as he poured out gouts of flame at the patrons. The fact they were vampires was the only reason he was following his insane girlfriend's lead. "I just didn't occur to me that you would take me to an Austrian Vampire Club!"

"I know…I'm great aren't I?" Wanda Wilson, the Lady Deadpool was having the time of her life slicing her way through the undead. She wasn't going for beheadings, merely lopping off limbs as Johnny incinerated to helpless blood suckers. "We're getting paid two million for this job…each. I know your rich, but you spend money like water. I have to make sure you can keep me in the manner I am used to. Beer, Pizza, Ammo and Condoms are not cheap you know."

"Fine…does the contractor want the building intact?" Johnny asked after flinging a fireball at a shotgun wielding vamp who about to shoot Wanda.

"Nope…Scorched earth is okay." Wanda said as she back-flipped kicking one fledgling vamp in the jaw, shattering it.

"Body slide out, I'll handle this." Johnny said with no hesitation.

"Alright, spoil all my fun." Wanda pouted under mask before triggering her personal teleporter. A moment later she was across the street.

"It was foolish of you to send your ally away, Mr. Storm." A tall well built man entered the main club area from one of the few private booths. "I was hesitant to attack you together."

"Not sure who you are, but better start confessing your sins." Johnny chuckled as he began the build up to a SuperNova effect.

"Fool, mere flames cannot harm me. I am Vlad the Imp…ARRRGH."

Whatever Lord Dracula was going to say following that was never to be known by anyone. While the so called King of Vampires was immune to most flames, the SuperNova explosion of the Human Torch was not normal. The intense heat, light and flames were second only standing on the surface of a blue-white star. Luckily some mental block kept Johnny Storm from creating more than a millisecond of the effect. That was too long for even one like Dracula to withstand. There wasn't even bones left, let alone the building they had been in.

"I love that man." Wanda giggled as she watched her boyfriend basically explode like a miniature atom bomb. "I am going to have to go ring shopping."

😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕

"So you are finally going to go through with it?" Jubilee leaned in the doorway of Kitty Pryde's room. "I'm more than a little jealous you finally managed to crack him."

"Yes, we are. And believe me it was like pulling teeth." Kitty chuckled as she packed her suitcase. "With all that has happened between us I was beginning to think it would never come. I actually had to propose. Do you realize how messed up that is? What is it with older men and moving so slowly?"

"If I knew I would tell you Kitty. I haven't had much luck either." Jubilee shook her head as she contemplated her own love life. "I'm still surprised he agreed to elope. I would have thought he would be more traditional."

"Oh he is. We're planning a big ceremony for June, but we don't want all the extra pressure to ruin it. You know, I want you to be a bridesmaid at the big ceremony. I'd ask you to come for the elopement, but I know you have plans this weekend."