Chapter 9

Jennifer Walters was all smiles as they arrived at the Xavier Institute. She had good reason to. This was easily the most loving and healthy relationship she had been in for years. The only fly in the ointment were his parents, but she could deal with them. It was not like they raised their son, so he was not particularly close to them. As Peter pulled the van to a stop, she was the first to get out and stretch. She had a good reason: even the van was cramped for her.

"Liebchen!" With the trademark Bamf of displaced air and the scent of sulfur Kurt Wagner aka the Nightcrawler appeared not twenty feet away and without much preamble glomped onto Jennifer. Normally, Jennifer would hate this kind of greeting, but she found it very endearing and cute when her current boyfriend did it, which was why she let him bear her to the ground in the tackle and begin a soul searing kiss.

"Ah, I remember the days mine Katya would…oof!" Piotr had started a teasing reminisce about the early days of his romance when he too was pounced upon by none other than the woman he had been speaking of. Unlike Jennifer, he'd stayed upright as Kitty Pryde wrapped her arms and legs around him and started a passionate kiss.

"You know, it's bit weird that I am the one acting like a grown up." Bobby Drake chuckled as he stepped over the legs of the occupied She Hulk. Taking Bruhilde's hand he kissed the back. "And how was milady's journey?"

"Aye, 'tis weird, my love." Brunhilde smiled as Bobby took her hand. She waited for him to complete the gesture before she grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him close for a real kiss. "But me thinks thou prefers when I am forceful with my affections."

"Yeah…that could be it." Bobby grinned widely as wondered again just how he got so lucky to catch this woman's interest. "Shall we head inside? There is a tub of Moose Tracks with your name on it."

"Dost thou have bad news, my love?" Brunhilde arched an eyebrow. They had been courting for two months, but Bobby had learned that ice cream could soften any bad news she needed to hear.

"No, Hank warned me about what Amora did." Bobby replied with a shrug. "Since I am so friendly with Spidey, I figured you were already dreading having to work with her on occasion where I team up with him."

"And this is one of many reasons I love thee, Robert." Brunhilde smiled warmly as they made their way into the mansion, ignoring the couples making out in the driveway. "Fear not, Friends Jennifer and Piotr have eased my mind about such things." Seeing his puzzled look she chuckled. "They merely pointed out the Spider-man's verbosity will make Amora's meditation very difficult."

Bobby stared at Brunhilde for a moment then erupted in laughter. He could almost see it now. He almost pitied the Asgardian Sorceress, almost.

😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

"Okay, just what is going on here?" Sue asked as she was led into the living room by Wanda. She recognized everyone immediately, even the two that were supposedly dead at the moment. Of course it was not like X-men didn't come back from the dead once in a while, especially that pair. Still, the livingroom was filled with women, and as far as Susan Storm knew all but three had been linked to Spider-man romantically…at least in the rumor mill.

"Would you believe we're a support group for women who have made mistakes and had crap love lives?" Jessica decided that a bit of humor was the best way to answer the question. The fact that some of Spider-man's trademark humor was rubbing off on her might have influenced her decision making process. Seeing the glare she got from Susan, the former secret agent shrugged. "Because it is true…from a certain point of view."