1/10

The ice was a second home.

Being enveloped in the cold was so calming as the mellow sound of classic music complimented it like cheese and wine. Gliding across the ice without an effort... it was truly the most serene experience.

Our protagonist (L/N) (Y/N) was practicing her jumps on a frozen lake, knowing it would soon thaw out. Winters would always freeze over this specific lake, leaving it to thaw out for a week or so as soon as Spring started. It was a different experience to observe nature than seeing the concrete wall of the local skating rink. He wanted to enjoy this moment as much as possible.

However, the annoying beeping of her watch interrupted her moment. She stared blankly at it before turning it off and skating towards her school bag that sat on the frost-covered grass. She quickly tugged off her skates, switching to her more comfortable school shoes.

She didn't move from her spot, only pulling out her smartphone and reading any messages that she should've read in the morning.

[Tetsuro Kuroo]

Good morning! Hope you have a wonderful day today don't forgot to bundle up~

[(Y/N)]

It wasn't that cold today.

Even with the reply, there she was, sitting with coat and scarf over her school uniform. She appreciated the concern over the weather, so she actually listened to her friend.

[Mother]

You have practice with your dad after school. Don't forget!

[(Y/N)}

I'll remember. Thank you.

Her parents were very loving. There really wasn't anything off about them. Her mother worked as fashion designer while her father was an hockey turned ice skating coach. Though it did make her slightly uncomfortable at how loving they were to each other. It was cliche, lovey-dovey, and sorta reminded her of the parents from that one anime she watched. Saiki...? Saiko?

It was something along those lines.

She sat up, brushing off any grass or frost from the back of her skirt before lifting up her school bag and gym bag that held her ice skates. Off to school she went, and luckily it was only about three blocks away.

"Ah. I'm late again."