9/10

Warning: there's a smut scene but like it cuts off before it gets too into detail.

Karasuno were still in this endless third set with Aoba Jousai and they were currently cooling off as Aoba Jousai had called for their last time out.

Kageyama was fanning himself silently as he went over strategies in his head because at this point, they almost seemed stuck. The set seemed to last a lifetime. It was just a volley back and forth - an endurance game to see who will falter first. Yet the adrenaline and fun he felt was going to disappear once the game was over. He didn't want this to end. He wanted to keep going.

If he was going to stop the game, it should be in Karasuno's favor.

"Hey, Kageyama look up there." Sugawara shook Kageyama out of his thoughts, pointing up to the stands. He looked angry from a moment, begrudgingly looking up to the stands only for his breath to halt.

There she was, (L/N) (Y/N), his beautiful, wonderful, talented girlfriend disheveled and panting as she scrambled to find an empty seat. Watching as she sat down, a smile creeped up on his face. She was here to watch him.

Her eyes meet his and a small wave caused his heart to leap. Then, she unzipped her jacket revealing the borrowed jersey she was wearing. His jersey. Number 9.

"Looks like the royal court is all here." Tsukishima remarks after he followed Kageyama's gaze, "Grand king, king, and the ice queen. Let's hope you don't get overthrown in front the queen." he snickers before walking away.

That's right. He was going to win today; his girlfriend was going to watch him him and redeem himself.

With a loud piercing screech, the referee blows the whistle and resumes the game.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was busy catching her breath as she focused on the game. Thankfully both events were in Sendai, but it still was a decent sprint and a small train ride away. Even though there was a lot on her mind, for now she was putting her troubles aside to focus on the volleyball match. Sure she wasn't entirely sure what was going on but she was excited nonetheless.

The game started back up and the passionate yells from each team resumed. On Aoba Jousai's side, Oikawa was very peeved as the sudden change in energy, 'He evolves way too quickly.' he bit his lip and look up at the stands where a mysterious girl was wearing a matching jersey with his ex-kouhai, 'A girl suddenly giving him determination? Ah, I might actually lose to this guy. What a joke.'

"Kageyama don't disappoint your girlfriend!" Hinata grinned, slapping his friend's back and he got back into position.

Kageyama grit his teeth, "SHUT UP AND PLAY, BOKE!" he shouted back, internally relieved that he's finally back into his element, 'I won't disappoint her.'

The match continues the same way it started. Karasuno, a fallen powerhouse, once again toe to toe with Aoba Jousai. The match point continued to get tossed around.. 26-26 and ten rallies later it was 31-31.

(Y/N) was on the edge of her seat, noticing how tired both teams were getting. Volleyball was so fast paced, she wasn't sure if she was following it fast enough. Even though she seemed indifferent and quiet to the ones around her, her hands were clenched with anticipation and her feet were jittering in excitement.

"IT WENT UP!"

The ball floated in the air on the way to Kageyama's hands as he prepped from them for the perfect set. The set that he's been learning to control and to perfect. A rush of memories runs through (Y/N)'s thoughts as she remembers the early morning air as she would watch Kageyama practice in the Karasuno gym. Then, the dam that held her excitement shatter and with a deep breath she shouted.