4/10

The next morning, (Y/N) was met with the biggest upset of her life.

She walked closer to the frozen lake, throwing a decently sized rock she had found and watched it as cracked under the pressure. A small frown appeared on her face, knowing that it would no longer be able to support her weight until next winter when it would freeze over again.

Sighing, she grabbed her extra duffel bag and walked towards the school, knowing that it would be the only time she would make it extremely early. She would try to make it back home, but she didn't want to face the wrath of her parents lovey-dovey nature. Sometime she swear she could see hearts and flowers whenever they were near either other....

Anyways, the ice skater made her way to Karasuno and decided to grab a can of coffee from the vending machines. She was never really the biggest caffeine person, but the taste of coffee could never get off of her mind. At this rate, she might as well be living the life of Saiki Kusuo.

She brushed the thought from her head, inserting the coins into the vending machine before pausing her finger over the button after hearing a shout come from the nearby gym. Her attention turns back towards the vending machine, pressing the button and grabbing her drink before making her way towards the shouting.

Her hand gently pushes the already open doors, seeing an array of scattered volleyballs and a singular person bent over on their knees. Curiosity got the better of her, pushing the door a bit more and luckily the person didn't seem to notice her. Eyes widen by a fraction, noticing that the person was in fact the person who was watching her ice skate yesterday when the lake was still frozen enough for her to skate on.

That thought made her loosen her grip on her can of coffee, accidentally dropping it which alerted the boy who jumped up at the noise, "Your..." he trailed off eyes widening, knowing that it was person he was watching the day before. However, she took it as a cue to introduce herself.

She tucked her hair behind her ear as she bowed politely, "(L/N) (Y/N). Class 1-4." she introduced, causing him to scoff and continue practicing his overhand serves. Now he knew who she was.

"Kageyama Tobio, I'm in Class 1-3." he hit the ball, making it over the net but not hitting the plastic water bottle he set up as aiming practicing, "You're the one who rejected the full ride to Shiratorizawa, right? The Ice Queen?"

(Y/N) blinked once at the unfamiliar nickname, maybe one of her classmates made it when she wasn't paying attention, "That's me." she confirmed, noticing as Kageyama clenched the ball in his hand, "You're... the King of the Court? Kageyama Tobio-kun." she had briefly remembered her friend, Tetsuro Kuro, talk about him over the phone.

Kageyama then clenched his teeth in anger as he heard that title come out her mouth. Though, he was able to suppress his anger by channeling it through the ball as he served it over the net. It went over the bottle, technically counting as an out. He clicked his tongue in anger, grabbing another ball to try again, "Why didn't you go?" he asked.

"I didn't want to."

He paused, looking over to the girl who merely stared at her, "It's in Sendai.. and I live decently close to here." she shifted her feet, getting uncomfortable sitting in one spot, "My mom was the one who signed me up, I had planned to go to Karasuno since the beginning."

"I see.." Kageyama went silent, walking over to here to stare closely. She was definitely pretty, there was no doubt about it but it contrasted her completely blank stare. She stood there quietly, not knowing what was about to come next.

Then, he bent over and picked up her can of coffee and placed it in her hands, "You dropped this." he simply stated before heading back to where he was standing to continue practicing. He held a ball in his hands before taking a deep breath and threw the ball in the air, expertly executing a jump serve. Landing back on his feet, the feeling of accomplishment surging through him as he saw the water bottle knocked over.

He looked over to the girl who was staring at him with widened eyes, causing him to get flustered. Kageyama noticed as she clenched the can of coffee in her a hand before speaking, "Can I watch you practice?" she asked, causing his body to seize up in embarrassment. Usually, he didn't really like being watched when he wanted to practice alone since he enjoyed the silence. However, he didn't know if he was tired or that his nerves were on edge from talking to a girl, but he didn't seem to process words as he shouted.

"Please watch me everyday!"