Take me back to the night we met

After finding out her lovers true identity y/n reflects on the night we met and how their relationship used to be

Not proofread btw
Cw: angst

I sat on the roof with my head between my knees. I felt completely broken. The woman I had loved had betrayed me. The sweet woman with the red hair, who had loved plants, been so kind, would never hurt anyone.

How could she do this. It turns out the whole time I was dating a woman I didn't know. I felt so betrayed. I had trusted her with my heart. I trusted her with my life's story and my deepest secrets.

This whole time she was a physcopathic serial killer. After trying to kill the whole school she just left. Ran away I guess before anyway could catch her. I guess deep down I was glad she was alive. She wasn't the woman I knew though. I had given her everything and yet I meant nothing.

Memory

I smiled as I walked through the gates of nevermore academy. I had gone here as a child and loved it. I had always been odd. Nevermore was finally a place I could be myself and express myself the way I wanted. I had just found out I had gotten the position of teaching language arts. It was probably around 6:00 and I was watching the beautiful sunset as I walked in.

The halls felt so familiar. I can't believe it had been 5 years I swear it felt yesterday. I knew the way to the principals office by heart. I was a bit of a trouble maker as a child and had spent a lot of time there.

"Hello Larissa!" I smiled as I walked into principal Weems office. She had been my friend for years. I'm not surprised she became the principal. She always was a rule follower. She truly loved this school.

"Y/N!? It's lovely to see you again." She grinned back at me. I smiled proudly. "Welcome back to nevermore!" She laughed. "We are so happy to have you here."

I felt so happy in this moment. I was back home, I had a job I had wanted since I was young.

I turned around as I heard a knock on the door. A woman with red hair just past her shoulders entered the room. My heart fluttered when she smiled at me. She was beautiful.

"Y/N this is Marilyn Thornhill. She's our first normie teacher." I smiled at her a little flustered.

"I'll show you to your room y/n!" She said happily. God she was adorable.

How I missed that day. I was so naive. I couldn't help but think she was just using me this whole time. I was the one who told her about the Galphin family secret. Maybe if I hadn't told her that things would be different. No I can't think like that. She had a goal and she would do anything to accomplish it.

She manipulated a poor little boy, drugged him, chained him, gotten him to kill and harvest body parts. My stomach felt so ill at the thought. I cannot fathom how someone could do such awful things. I had been so stupid maybe this was all my fault.

She never cared about me. She got the information she wanted and threw me out like I was nothing.

Memory

We were sitting at a bar happily laughing together. She had been buying me a lot of drinks throughout the night. She kept asking questions about my childhood and what my experience as a student at nevermore had been like. I thought it was kind of funny that she cared so much.

It was sweet though. She really wanted to learn more about me and my story. She asked about what my peers were like. She knew I had gone to school with Larissa and Morticia. She wanted to know more about my other peers. What were their abilities. I laughed recalling one girl in particular. I think Francois had been her name. She seemed pretty nice. I didn't know her that well.

She didn't have many friends. People had found out she was a Hyde. They were afraid. We had been told Hydes were dangerous, violent, and completely unpredictable. Someone had tried to do a study on them but he didn't make it very far before he was killed.

I remembered a boy I met at the cafe. Tyler Galphin. Apparently he was her son. I thought it best to steer clear of him. What if he had his mother's condition?

I trusted Marilyn so I told her everything I knew. I mean what could happen. She was my girlfriend and it's not like anything bad could happen. I mean everyone had known Francois was a Hyde and nothing had ever really happened. She actually seemed to do a pretty good job managing her condition.

I felt so stupid looking back. It was obvious she had gotten me drunk and did plan to use everything I told her. She had been so godamn manipulative. I thought that I was so loved but instead I'd unintentionally helped her almost wipe out all outcasts.

I heard my door open and a soft voice whisper my name. I could immediately tell that it was Larissa. She sat next to me a pulled me close to her. I continued to sob. God I felt so pathetic and useless. "I'm so sorry y/n. None of this was your fault." She finally spoke.

I cuddled closer to her. I looked up at her but my vision was really blurred from my tears. "here let's go inside. I'll take care of you. I know this is really hard." She whispered helping me stand and get in bed.

"I'm going to run to my office and get you some food. You really need to eat " she whispered softly and stroked my hand.

When she returned she held a pack of my favorite mini muffins and a can of Sprite. She knew my really well. I started to sit up and began eating. She kept me company the whole time.

"Do you have any stronger stuff?" I joked a little as I took a sip of my sprite. "y/n no you are not going to drink to solve your problems." She sternly said. Oh my god Larissa had always been such a mom. I laughed to myself.

As good as alcohol sounded I knew deep down that what Larissa had said was true.

After an hour she got up to go to her room. "Please stay." I whispered. "Okay." She nodded and laid down next to me. "Everything's going to be okay." She whispered as I drifted off to sleep. I smiled a little for the first time all day.

Hope you enjoyed! I was pretty happy with how this turned out actually 😀