Ch. 1.3

Elliana

"Don't you think you're being just a little too harsh?" Jake asks me, referring to my treatment towards my father's other offspring.
"No, Jacob. I actually think I'm not being harsh enough, I could definitely do more. Maybe stop cooking enough food for three? Stop doing her laundry? Maybe even stop buying the items she adds to the grocery list?" I rattle off causing his eyes to become wide as Quil and Embry look at me. "If I were you, I'd stop giving me these ideas, Jacob."
"Okay, okay, I get it. Stop with the full first name." Jake chuckles out, awkwardly.
"Why do you hate her so much? Other than the 'making your dad cry'?" Quil asks me.
"I don't hate her. Hating her would mean I care and I assure you, I don't care about anything having to do with Isabella." I tell him, Embry whistles out in shock,
"Damn, you're serious."
"As a heart attack."
"Think you'll ever forgive her?" Jake asks me and I pause, truly thinking it over.
"No, she just keeps doing it. Breaking curfew making dad worry, not answering his phone calls which makes him worry. It's like she doesn't even get it, like everything has to revolve around Edward. At this point, I wouldn't even say she's her own person." I explain to them.
"She just likes the guy, I'm sure it's not that serious." Jake days, trying to convince me or himself, which one, I'm not sure.
"I'm saying this as your friend. She won't break up with Edward for you. She's too stuck up his ass to even breathe your name." I say, feeling guilty for the hurt look on his face. "You're a great guy, Jake. So please, for both of us, find yourself a great girl."
"Yeah, man, keep your options open like me." Quil says and we all three groan at his choice of words.
"Dude, you're single 'cause no one wants you. Not the other way around." Embry chuckles out causing all our moods to raise, well, except Quil's.

It's been six months since Bella returned from that hospital in Phoenix. I still refuse to talk to her, Dad still disapproves of Edward and her's relationship. Ever since she returned I've been working more, I now work seven days a week. School days I work from four to eleven, weekends I work from one to eleven. Since the animal attacks, most people won't close the diner, too afraid of what is out there. Only me, the cook, and Betty - a forty year old veteran of the diner are willing to work 'til closing.
The day is September thirteenth, Isabella and I'd eighteenth birthday. I'm currently spending the day working, wiping tables and taking orders. They offered me the day off but I didn't accept it, we need the money. Luckily, it's finally eleven, closing time.
"Ellie, go on home. I'll lock up." Betty tells me and I question if she is sure. Reluctantly, I agree and make my way home.
I arrive home to see what looks to be a search part gathered around my dad's squat car. I quickly park and get out and am pulled into my father's arms.
"S-She's gone. We can't find her." Dad whimpers into my ear, confusing me further. I hug him back and look questioningly at Billy, looking for answers. He points to Isabella's truck and I quickly piece together what is going on.
"Dad, we'll find her." I comfort the man before he starts to cry. He nods his head and pulls away, dragging me over to where the group his.
"I'll try the Cullen's place again." Dad tells us, pulling out his phone.
"You didn't hear, Charlie. Cullen's left town." Billy informs him and shocks me. Maybe she went with them.
"Good riddance." Harry Clearwater spits out. I've always known about the Rez's hatred for the Cullens, I've never known why, but his words still shock me a bit. As I see dad trying to hold back tears again, he must think Bella left like I do, I see Jake tense up.
"Charlie." Jake says, nodding his head to behind us. We all turn to see a shirtless Sam Uley carrying an unconscious Isabella towards us. Dad sets into a sprint towards them, thanking the tall man as he takes Bella from him.
"Ellie, inside now!" Dad yells and I quickly scramble into the house and up to my bedroom. I walk over to my window to see two other men - also shirtless - talking to Billy. Suddenly, they all turn to look at me and I quickly close my blinds.

It's been four months since then, no one in the house as gotten a full nights sleep, always being woken up by Bella's screams. Dad's worried about her. She won't eat, he has to force her to bathe, and by the amount of calls he receives from school, her grades are slipping. If I'm not at work, I'm either at Trixie's, Mia's, or Jake's. It's too depressing here, her constantly wallowing and screaming mixed with dad's questions and concerns is too much for me. I want a normal life, or at least a normal sister, is that too much to ask for?
Bella and I have just arrived home from school, I immediately begin to change into my uniform when there's a knock on my door. I turn to see Bella awkwardly looking around.
"I-I'm going to Jake's, you wanna come?" She asks and I roll my eyes at her stupidity.
"I've been working everyday after school since you moved back here." I inform her and she looks at me, confused. "No, I have work."
"Okay." She says before closing the door.