Ch. 2.7

Elliana

"What's been going on with you?" Embry asks as we sit on the beach. He has a right to ask, I've been avoiding him for days since finding out.
"I'm scared." I whisper, hugging my knees to my chest.
"Of what? I won't let anything hurt you, you know that."
"Em...I'm pregnant." I tell him, looking to see shock upon his face. "Please say something." I beg, tears beginning to well in my eyes.
"I'm happy," he smiles at me and I feel joy fill me, "I'm really happy, Elle." He pulls me into a kiss and I gladly reciprocate it. Just as we pull away, a look of fear crosses his face. "Your dad's gonna shoot me."
"Probably." I chuckle, trying to block out the idea of having to tell my father. "I just hope he doesn't get to mad." I sigh, laying my head on his shoulder.
"You graduate high school in three months. It could be worse." He says, trying to lessen my stress. "We'll tell him together."
"Thank you...for everything." I whisper.
"I should be saying that to you." He chuckles and I smile before sighing out,
"Well, do you have time to go tell Dad?"
"Yeah, I don't patrol until noon."

Luckily it's a Saturday so dad doesn't go into work until tonight, why it's like that, I have no clue. Embry and i sit dad down in the living room, both of us happy that Bella is not here.
"What's going on, Ellie?" Dad asks and my palms begin to sweat.
"W-Well...ummm..." I stammer, Embry coming to my rescue.
"Sir, I need you to know that I love Elle, I'll do anything to protect and take care of her." Embry starts and my heart flutters even though now is not the time.
"You're not marrying my daughter, both of you are still in high school." Dad says before Embry can continue and I almost want to laugh at the situation.
"I understand that and that is why I'm waiting to propose, at least until I graduate." Embry tells him and I can see this confuses dad of what could be going on,
"Oh God," dad sighs and I gulp, scared of his reaction, "why didn't you use protection?" I look down, but at least he isn't yelling.
"Truthfully, I don't know. But I'm here for her, I will always be here for her and the baby." Embry tells him, squeezing my hand in comfort as I still cannot bring myself to look at my father.
"Ellie, please look at me." Dad asks as I raise my tear filled eyes to meet his. "Don't cry," he tells me, gripping my knee, "I don't know what we're going to do, but it'll be okay."
"Thanks." I hiccup, trying not to cry.
"It's my job as your father, no need to thank me. Just right now, focus on graduating and figuring out if you want to go to college or whatever." He tells me and I nod my head. He turns to Embry and I see my boyfriend become tense,
"Take care of my daughter."
"I will," he tells him before turning to me, "always."