Ch. 2.9

Elliana

Today's the day, graduation! As I cross the stage and receive my diploma, I smile at hearing the cheers of my Dad and boyfriend.

"So Elliana, where are you going to college?" Renee asks me, as she has her arm around Bella's shoulder.
"She's going to cosmetology school in Port Angeles, she starts next month." Dad asnswers, knowing that if I open my mouth, no one will like what I have to say to Renee.
"Congrats, baby!" Embry cheers, picking me up and spinning me around, both of us laughing, joyfully. Once my feet are back on the ground, Renee speaks up,
"Speaking of 'baby', Bella tells me you're pregnant. How could you let this happen?"
"Well, Renee, both you and Bella need to stay the hell out of my business, for one. And two, I had sex." I bluntly answer causing dad to choke on air at my choice of words.
"You're going to ruin your life."
"No, I'm not. Because unlike you, I don't see my child as a burden. Unlike you, I will love my child no matter what, I won't ever abandone them. Unlike you, I can be happy raising my child and I will take responsibility and step up to be their mother." I say, causing her to become speechless. She grabs Bella's hand and walks away, I smile watching her go. "She deserved every word and you know it." I say, looking at my father and he doesn't argue.
"Go enjoy your day. I'll stay here." He says and I nod my head, understanding him saying he'll stay with mom and Bella while letting me truly enjoy not being forced to play nice.
Once he's gone, Embry wraps his arms around my waist from behind.
"You didn't tell me you were going to cosmetology school."
"They only take ten people at a time, I just got the acceptance letter yesterday, I didn't want to tell you until I knew I made it into the program."
"Well, double congrats then." He says, kissing my lips.

Embry and I are currently celebrating by lounging around in my bedroom.
"So, you know I've been working at the mechanics place over in La Push for a few years now. I've been thinking for awhile about this, and with the baby coming it just makes sense for guys and I to build a house for us." Embry says and I gasp. "I have all the stuff, we started the layout and design a couple weeks ago. So since it's started, you can't say no." He jokes and I smile.
"I'd love that." I kiss his lips before hugging him.