Ch. 1.7

Third Person

A nervous Embry Call walks up the steps to the Swan's front door. Just as he raises his fist to knock, the door opens to reveal a tired Chief Swan with purple bags under his eyes. Between being awaken in the night by his eldest twin's screams and wording constantly about his youngest twin's health as she has been deteriorating lately.
"Who are you?" Chief Swan asks.
"I-I'm Embry Call, sir. Is Elle home?"
"Yeah, but I don't know if that's a good idea." Charlie says, crossing his arms.
"Please, sir. I just want to talk to her." Embry begs the man, his eyes tired and sad. He hasn't been doing much better than Elliana has.
"Fine," Charlie sighs, "but if she wants you out, you leave, got it?"
"Yes, sir." Embry says and Charlie tells him which room is hers. He just hopes that this boy can help his daughter.

Elliana

I hear a knock before the door opens.
"I'm fine, Dad, I told you I don't want lunch." I grumble out, my words being muffled by the comforter.
"It's not your dad, Elle." I hear a voice the makes my heart flutter but my blood boil.
"What are you doing here?" I croak out.
"I just wanted to ask for another chance. I promise I won't screw it up again. I'll tell you everything, just-just I can't right now."
"Then you can leave." I snap at him and he looks at his feet.
"Please, Elle, I-I need you. I miss you." He says and my heart clenches.
"Embry-"
"Elliana," he says and I freeze, he's never call me by my name before, "I know I screwed up. Big time. But, let me make it up to you. One date and if you still want nothing to do with me, then I promise, I'll leave you alone." I'm torn, whenever I'm around him, I feel better...happier. But he won't tell me the truth.
"If this goes well, you promise me that you'll tell me the truth...about everything?" I ask him and he nods his head, promising me.
"Well, when would you like to go out?" I ask him.
"Tonight!" He rushes out and my eyes go wide. "If that cool with you?"
"Y-Yeah, that fine. Umm, I mean this nicely but get out. I gotta get ready." I tell him, getting out of bed.
"You're good, I won't pick you up for another six hours." He chuckles, confused.
"Exactly. I gotta shower, do my hair, get an outfit, and do my makeup." I explain to him.
"You look beautiful right now." He says and I'm about to laugh but I realize that he's serious.
"Embry, that's cute, but no. Now go." I say, getting out of bed and pushing him towards the door and he chuckles at my lame attempt at pushing him out.
"I'm serious, Elle. I wanna stay with you, I got the guys getting everything ready for the date."
"That's bold."
"W-Well, I was hoping-"
"Yeah, whatever." I say as he pulls me back to the bed and we sit down, him taking up a lot of space as he's grown. "How y'all are you now?" I ask, genuinely curious as he's like two heads taller than me.
"6'1." He says, laying back and putting his arms behind his head like a pillow.
"You giant." I say, crisscrossing my legs and turning towards him.
"Not my fault your so tiny." He nudges me with his leg.
"Seriously though, I need to shower so my hair will be dry by the time we go out."
"Then go shower, I'll be taking a nap here and you can wake me up so I don't oversleep."
"My dad will kill you." I chuckle as he shrugs his shoulders.
"Not like I'll be in there with you, I'll be here, asleep." He says, pulling my spare blanket over him and it barely covers him.
"Whatever." I say, rolling my eyes and grabbing a new set of pajamas and going to shower.

Once out and dressed, I brush my teeth.
"Ellie?" Dad asks as he walks past the open doorway.
"Yeah?" I ask before spitting the tooth paste out and rinse both my mouth and brush.
"You doing okay?" He asks.
"Perfect, Embry's taking me out to dinner. Gotta go." I say heading into my bedroom to find Embry passed out. I grab my white knitted dress, black tights, and knee-high black boots before going back to the bathroom to get dressed.
"Hold up, what?!" Dad asks, confused.
"I'm giving him another chance, you always say I need to do that more." I say, trying to walk into the bathroom but he pulls me back.
"Are you sure you're okay enough to go out? You've barely been able to walk."
"I'm fine." I say making it into the bathroom and closing and locking the door and getting dressed.

We're walking along the beach until we reach a sight that makes my heart swell. In front of us is a black with pillows and a picnic basket on it.
"The guys literally just set it all up so the food should still be good." He says and I smile at him.
"This is so sweet, Em." I gush, sitting down and opening the basket.
"Hey! That's my job!" Embry exclaims, shutting it closed as I pout. "Put the pout away." He jokes, booping my lips causing me to smile in amusement.
"Well, get on with it." I urge, shoving his shoulder but he doesn't even move an inch.
"Yeah, yeah." He huffs, opening the basket and pulling out an array of different fruits, crackers, and cheeses.