CHAPTER 16

"Just put a gauze in it!"

"Miss, you are not injured. You're fine, not a single scratch made it up to your ankle."

"Do as I say, I'll double the price."

Kyla's PoV

Hindi ko alam ang magiging reaksyon ko nang makita ko si Kimberly sa office ni Aaron. Worse? She was sitting on his chair while Aaron is standing beside the table and massaging the bridge of his nose.

Hindi ko alam kung ilang minuto kaming nagtitigan ni Kimberly, halos sakupin na ng katahimikan ang opisina ni Aaron dahil sa tensyon na namamagitan sa aming dalawa.

"Baby--"

"Where were you yesterday?" Putol ko sa sasabihin ni Aaron. He stilled as I looked at him with no emotions on my face. My eyes narrowed as I saw that he was hesitating to answer my simple question.

"Look, baby, I'm---"

"Where the fuck were you?" I felt my eyes burning as I crave for his valid reason for not attending yesterday while everyone waits for him to come, especially me. "Answer the simple question, Aaron." His mouth opened pero ibang boses ang narinig ko.

"I'll answer it for you, honey. Well, you see, Miss Secretary.. or should I call you Ky---"

"Did I ask you? You better shut the fuck up, or I'll shove this fucking vase down your fucking throat." Hinawakan ko ang maliit flower vase sa tabi ko at nilaro-laro iyon. Bumaling muli ako kay Aaron, with narrow eyes, I waited for his answer. Napatingin pa siya kay Kimberly like he's asking for her god damn help. That made my heart clench, but fuck that. This isn't the time to break down or have a fucking heart ache.

This is the time for my anger.

"Well... Does this... answers your question?" Napatingin ako kay Kimberly nang magsalita na naman siya. She slowly got up from the chair, what pains me more was seeing Aaron rushed and helped her get up. Nalaglag ang panga ko nang makita ang tunay na kalagayan ni Kimberly, naka-alalay pa sa kaniya si Aaron, yung ang mas masakit.

"W-what the fuck h-happened to you?" Tinignan ko siya mula ulo hanggang paa. Hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang mga saklay niya. Her left foot is injured.

She chuckled at my question, even looked at Aaron, who is looking at her with concern visible in his eyes.

"Ito kasi si Aaron eh.." Malanding sambit nito habang malamyang hinampas si Aaron sa braso. 

I want to stop them from flirting in front of me but fuck. My guts can't even leave a single scratch on this injured girl. Well, it's her fault anyway.

"What the fuck happened to you?" I asked again, Aaron cleared his throat and was about to open his mouth but Kimberly interfered.