CHAPTER 17

Kyla's PoV

I wiped my tears and sniffed as I gently parked the car. I entered the restaurant and ordered food for the both of us. I sat down after I paid for my order, and waited for the waiter to serve it. 

I wonder what're they doing right now while I'm away from the company. Pinaalis na ba niya si Kimberly? Or nando'n pa siya dahil hindi siya makalakad. What if Aaron took her home and...

"God.. stop overthinking things." I sighed heavily before resting my chin on the palm of my hand. I looked outside the glass wall and tried to distract myself by looking at the people and vehicles that passes by. Pero hindi talaga mawala sa isip ko ang dalawang taong iyon at ang mga maaari nilang gawin habang wala ako. 

Fuck this. I trust my husband, but I don't trust that girl. Why is she here, anyway? Vacation? What type of vacation is she doing kung nasa company siya ng asawa ko? 

Napapikit ako nang mariin dahil sa mga iniisip ko. I glanced at my phone to see the time, twenty-five minutes have passed. Parang ilang segundo lang ang lumipas sa pag-iisip ko, dahil ba ito sa sakit na nararamdaman ko?

The world is seeing me suffer, and it's giving me more problems.

"Miss, here's your order po." Napaangat ako nang tingin nang magsalita ang waitress. She placed the plastic bags in front of me then left. I sighed before standing up and picking my order.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit mabilis ang tibok ng puso ko ngayon. I'm not even thinking of anything. I held my chest where my heart is located and gently massaged it.

"What's wrong with you... everything's fine." I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself. "Fuck." I stepped at the accelerator and drove faster.

It feels like something terrible will happen.

"Wala naman sana, please. Katatapos ko lang umiyak, I don't wanna waste any more tears." I kept calming myself while driving. Baka mapa'no pa 'ko kung patuloy na titibok nang ganitong kabilis ang puso ko. Dagdag pa ang limited na paghinga ko dahil sumisikip talaga ang dibdib ko.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

I thought of the funny things that I made with Matthew and Kylie, but none of it was helping me. I started to gasp for air as the pain started to rise. Fuck, is this what they call panic attacks? Iginilid ko muna ang kotse ko and started to calm myself in different ways, hoping that it'll help me.

Biglang nagring ang phone ko and it somewhat helped me a little to calm down. Kenneth was calling.

"W-what do you w-want?"

[".... you sound like you're panting. Is everything alright?"] I sighed before resting my head on the steering wheel.

At least someone noticed. Is something really wrong with me?