Bonus 11

Thirty minutes passed, and I'm still in the hot tub. I look like a shriveled white prune. I quickly got out the hot tub, dried myself off, then headed to the bedroom. Usually I'll be wearing a pair of Junior's basketball shorts, but today we're having company. I took out a pair of mini shorts, then removed my bikini. As I was pulling up my shorts, I heard a sweet voice coming from the doorway. "Mommy, look at what Uncle Zay got me." It was the doll she wanted after seeing Zayah's last week when we were there. The doll is one of those silicone dolls, that looks like a real newborn baby, and it costs over three hundred dollars. I sigh. Leave it to my brother to have real diamond earrings, and a gold bracelet on the doll.

     "She's pretty, Baby," I said as I squatted to her level. I gave her a kiss on the cheek as she held my neck tighter. "What are you going to name her?"

     "I'm gonna name her Destiny after Aunt Tiny," she said smiling.

    "That's a pretty name," I said, lifting myself. "Now you know that doll is very expensive, so you have to take good care of it."

    "The doll looks like a real baby, and I'm gonna take care of it like you take care of my brothers and sister," she said sweetly. I smiled. She leaned over to kiss my tummy. "Love you, babies," she said, then walked out, cradling the doll.  I chuckled a bit, then put on one of his button down shirts before heading out the door.

    I step into the living room and find my nephews, Xman and Xander, begging their uncle for a chance on the game, my niece, Chrisli, typing mega speed on her phone, Lynni, cradling my niece on her hip, and Zay, grabbing ingredients out of my refrigerator to make a sandwich. Most likely, the triplets are in Jade's room. "Why is it every time you come, you just have to go in my refrigerator?" I cackled, my focus on Zay.

    "Cause that was a long drive," he said, squeezing some mayo on his bread. "I got your favorite in here."

   My mood perked up immediately. "You got me a hot sausage on loaf?!" I exclaimed excitedly. I quickly power walked to the kitchen, to retrieve my favorite po-boy. I looked around the counter, and my mood soured. "Where's my pineapple Big Shot and lemon Hubig pie?" I sulked.

    "It's in the diaper bag, because someone was trying to eat it," Lynni said, attention focused on my brother.

    "I got her two," he shrugged, slicing a tomato. "Besides, I got a case coming for her anyway."

    "You're the best big brother ever!" I exclaimed hugging his neck, making the butter knife fly out of his hand.

   "Good thing Al wasn't here," Zay teased, taking a bite of his sandwich.

   I laughed. I grabbed my sandwich and my drink. "I'm headed to my room. Once I'm finished eating I can start the sides."

"Why your room instead of hanging with us?" Lynni asked.

"I'm fine," I said. "I'm not feeling well today."

"Well, I'll go ahead and cook while you rest." Lynni said.

"Yall don't never bring me nothing. " I heard Junior teasing Zay and Lynni.

"Ugh, stop!" Lynni giggled. "Big head!"

"Payback for all the years you forced all that mushy stuff." Junior snickered.

"Xavier, help!" Chrislynn laughed.

"Zay can't help you, Sis! Can't nobody save you now; you in my house! On top of that, you ain't bring me nada? Over with!" Junior chuckled a sinister laugh.