Aftermath and Cleanup Efforts

"You feel that, Babygirl," he groaned. My mind was in it, but not my heart. It's not even meaningful with us anymore when we cut. After the final five strokes, he released and I couldn't be more happier when he finally got off of me. After our heart to heart a month ago, we decided to start going to marriage counseling to try to make our relationship work, for Jade's sake as well as ourselves. Jeddie and I love each other very much, and we don't want to give up on each other just yet. But, the both of us are starting to realize the connection we once shared has set sail. Sex now to us, is just for us to release ourselves versus us just being together connecting spiritually. We're not in tuned with each other anymore. Still, we still try and blank that out for the sake of Jade.

     We were knee deep into our second round, when my phone started ringing. All of my contacts have their own ringtone, so when the one ringtone that I haven't heard in months chimed in, I picked up my phone while Jeddie was drilling. "Speak your peace," I moaned in his ear.

   "Dang Girl, you could've warned a nigga," he said. I put the phone on speaker so I wouldn't have to keep holding my phone. "Whhhhhhhaaat you want?" I asked him. Whaaaa? I never said Jeddie couldn't put down. Whenever we have a chance to have sex I'm gonna take it, whether I'm in the mood or not. If he wants, I'm gonna give. I'm not gonna give him a reason to go elsewhere while we're trying to rekindle. 

   "Vinny, we busy," Jed groaned. Poor Vinny. I know he's feeling some type of way, listening to us. "Lani, I found her."

    My mind was at a standstill either to keep on with my pleasure or talk to Vinny. I decided to do both. "Where at?" I moaned.

   "Mane, I'll call you back," he said.

   "Vincent Douglas Williamson, don't you hang up this phone!" I screamed. "Answer me!"

  "Mane, I'm uncomfortable," he said sheepishly. "I'm out." With that, my phone displayed total silence. "Howwwww much vacation time do you have, Jeddie?" I asked as if I was a crying owl, into the night. "I got about two months in," he answered. "We're leaving for Memphis, tonight," I said breathlessly. "You got that," he said as he sped up. Our connection began to slowly come back, but it wasn't as strong as it was. After his last release, we both got up, took our shower, then proceeded to get ready for the long drive to Memphis.

   Traveling with an infant is torture. I didn't pack alot of her things; if we need more, I'll get some more while we're up there. I grabbed her swing, two cases of diapers, my breast pump, and a butt load of her clothes. Jeddie entered the room to help me with getting Jade ready to go. He grabbed the diaper bag I already had packed with her clothes, blankets, burping cloths, and her swing and headed out the door. I gave her one good feed, just enough to last her at least two hours, because we'll be on the road for almost five hours. I decided I was gonna call my mom and dad when we were on the road. I'm so excited. After months of worry, I'm gonna finally see my sister and Emlyn. Jade and Emlyn are two weeks apart, and they will finally see each other. After I finished with the right breast, I switched over to her favorite breast, so she can stay full, at least til two o'clock. Jeddie came back in her room to get her dressed. It's ten o'clock at night, and we'll be bringing out an infant in the night air, so she has to be dressed accordingly. Jeddie took out a long sleeved undershirt, a pink sleeper, a pair of pink and white socks, and a pink lace beanie hat. I passed her to him so he can get her dressed, while I continued on packing her second diaper bag with her diapers, wipes, thermometer, nose suction bulb, Vaseline, baby bath, baby lotion, her Nuks, bottle warmer, wipe warmer, vapor rub, and disposable bags for her dirty diapers. The third bag is small and will be up in front with me, containing four diapers, travel wipe case, travel jar of Vaseline, one Nuk, a freshly pumped bottle, a burping cloth, and an extra outfit, just in case she dirties the one she has on, being she's a breastfed baby. Jeddie placed her car seat cover over her car seat, then placed her in, and strapped her in. He zipped closed the car seat cover, then headed out the door. I grabbed my breast pump and the two diaper bags and followed him out.